Need help from anyone who had or have BANGS?

HealthyHair

I have bangs and I wrap my hair every night but I don't know how to wrap it without having to curl the bangs every morning. Those of you with bangs how do you take care and style your bangs in the morning and also how long did it take to grow your bangs?

Thanks

edited to correct typo in title.

msprettyeyes

Re: Need help from without who had or have BANGS?

I have bangs and I have that problem now. I am trying to stop wrapping my hair everynight because it makes one side of my hair thin, and it hurts. I have a friend who has looooooooonnnnnng hair and she wraps it and now she has a baldspot. But anyway I used to push the bangs to one side then kind of wrap above it ( i hope you can visualize that) It works but sometimes Im so tired after work I really just want to wrap my hair and go to bed.

HealthyHair

Your friend did she wrap in the same direction every night? I wrap in a different direction every night
Maybe I should stop?

I like my bangs, but I'm already wondering how long they are going to take to grow out

Anyway, thank you for your tip, I will try that next time I wrap. I'm going to start alternating with a backwards wrap where I just wrap the ends in the back around my head instead of all my hair in a cone shape, that puts much less stress on the hair.

asummertyme

yeah wrapping makes my hair thin on one side too...........
i have bangs but the longer they get u wont have to curl , maybe just wrap the band to one side....

Brownie

I had bangs a while back, but I didn't wrap my hair at night. I always separated the bangs from the rest of my hair, and I wrapped the bangs around a spongy hair roller. In the morning, my bangs were curly (depending on roller size).

Angelicus

when i stopped wearing my bangs (parted down middle instead and let the shorter hair blend with the rest, or bunning) that helped me grow them out because they weren't exposed to air much. my "bangs" are now past chin length

ubavka123

On the very rare occasions that I have worn my hair down, I wrapped it and dealt with curling the bang this way: I always unwrapped my hair and set it again on rollers, put my shower cap over it, and went into the shower. The steam from the shower set the curl and I did not have to use a curling iron. You could just curl the bang on a roller before you get in the shower and when you come out of the shower it should be curled, but not too tightly. It may work for you. Give it a try. It is better than frying the bangs every morning.

HealthyHair

thanks ladies. I'm also going to try using a caruso steam roller or a regular roller and before I shower like ubavka123 mentioned.
On average did it take you guys years to grow them out to ear or jaw length? Tha's what I'm worried about.

Dolce_Dawn

HH- I am growing out my bangs as we speak and they are now chin length. How short are yours? I know that when I first got mine, I had the same problem with keeping a curl after wrapping it, but as they grew longer it became easier. When they got the nose length, I didn't have to bother bumping/curling them in the morning. My bangs grew/grow pretty fast so it didn't take long. It shouldn't take you YEARS to grow to yours to ear nor jaw. My guess (depending on your normal growing pace) would be anywhere from 4 months-6months. Again, how short are they now?

I wrap my hair every night in the same direction and have not had a problem, but using heat everyday on your bangs is def not good. I like the idea someone gave about popping a curler or two in your hair as you are getting ready. That should help.

Tracy

I just sweep mine across my forehead in the opposite direction of the way it was wrapped. That way I don't have to curl them as they don't look too flat.

chocolate01

I had bangs a couple of years ago and I just wrapped them as I would if they were the same length as the other parts of my hair. I never had a problem with having to re-curl my bangs in the morning. Sorry I can't help more.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
HealthyHair said:
thanks ladies. I'm also going to try using a caruso steam roller or a regular roller and before I shower like ubavka123 mentioned.
On average did it take you guys years to grow them out to ear or jaw length? Tha's what I'm worried about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I use the Caruso rollers on my bangs. Just like it wouldn't take years for the other part of your hair to grow from ear to jaw length, it wouldn't for your bangs either. I used to cut my bangs all of the time. Now I'm growing it out and it grows just like the rest of my hair.