Need HELP! I don't know what's up w/ my hair. The texture is kind of "mushy"....

Kiadodie

It's not too soft but it's not hard either, it's a weird mushy but sort of hard texture...does anyone know what I mean?? I'm not sure whether I should put Nexxus emergencee on it or condition it like crazy. Anyone have any opinions??
IT's like my hair dries very fast. It used to hold in the water but now it dries frizzy before I can roll it, especially the back. I have no elasticity. I guess that's what I'm saying. THere is NO elasticity in my hair.

Last edited:

webby

Think Slim
You have to be a little more detailed in order for someone to know what to recommend:
How does your hair normally feel?
Did you recently use a chemical (relaxer, color)?
What is your current regimin; has it changed?

Ashee

kia said:
It's not too soft but it's not hard either, it's a weird mushy but sort of hard texture...does anyone know what I mean?? I'm not sure whether I should put Nexxus emergencee on it or condition it like crazy. Anyone have any opinions??
I had the "mushy" feeling also & then I tried a good product: Porosity by Revlon.
That gave me a better feeling in my texture. Now I use the Porosity after I moisturize/condition my hair & it helped to seal it in!:yep:

Kiadodie

webby said:
You have to be a little more detailed in order for someone to know what to recommend:
How does your hair normally feel?
Did you recently use a chemical (relaxer, color)?
What is your current regimin; has it changed?

Ok, my hair usually feels soft but strong (if that makes senses). Now it's like I can deep condition it and it's like the conditioner isn't soaking in..it's just sitting on my hair. I have used Nexxus Humectress & Suave.

I just texturized my hair about 3 weeks ago so the roots are more wavy than the rest of my hair. THe only thing I've changed is that I stopped relaxing it bone straight..now it's just texturized. I don't know if that makes a huge difference or not.

It's like all the products I use don't really make a difference in my hair especially the part that I texturized. It's like they don't make my hair any softer or harder...it's just mushy.

Kiadodie

Ashee said:
I had the "mushy" feeling also & then I tried a good product: Porosity by Revlon.
That gave me a better feeling in my texture. Now I use the Porosity after I moisturize/condition my hair & it helped to seal it in!:yep:

Thanks for the recommendation Ashee. What does Revlon Porostiy have in it? Is it some kind of protein? What is it used for?

webby

Think Slim
kia said:
Ok, my hair usually feels soft but strong (if that makes senses). Now it's like I can deep condition it and it's like the conditioner isn't soaking in..it's just sitting on my hair. I have used Nexxus Humectress & Suave.

I just texturized my hair about 3 weeks ago so the roots are more wavy than the rest of my hair. THe only thing I've changed is that I stopped relaxing it bone straight..now it's just texturized. I don't know if that makes a huge difference or not.

It's like all the products I use don't really make a difference in my hair especially the part that I texturized. It's like they don't make my hair any softer or harder...it's just mushy.
I'm guessing that the products you were using for the bone straight part, don't work well for the texturized part. Also, your hair may feel musy, because your roots, which are not texturized are thicker, maybe a little stronger, and your ends which are very straight, are now softer. I don't have a lot of experience in this area, but I'm sure someone here will know just what to recommend.

Good luck!

Ashee

kia said:
Thanks for the recommendation Ashee. What does Revlon Porostiy have in it? Is it some kind of protein? What is it used for?
I'm seeking what's in the product, I'll post it if I can find it... :)

Ashee

kia said:
Thanks Ashee. Can you tell me how you use it?
It's to be left on for 30 seconds. I use a moisturizing conditioner and wait for a minute or two and then addd the Porosity to my hair. I leave it on for about 30 seconds to 1 minute & rinse out. I sometimes condition, rise, & add the Porosity for 30 seconds to 1 minute & rinse....
:)