Need Help In Picking A Good Lye Relaxer

Monigirl

I am interested in buying and using a Lye Relaxer from here on out. I just need a little help choosing a Lye relaxer and wanted some feedback on the ones I am interested in buying. The relaxers listed below are ones I can buy without having a beautician license :ohwell: here in my town and on certain BSS websites. Please let me know what you think.
Just to let you know I did cut off allot of hair in August and currently I am rocking a short cut. My hair is growing back fast. On the start of my new hair journey I would love to use to best relaxer for my hair.

Vitale

Mizani

Dudleys

Vitale

Elasta QP

Pics below show where I was and my cut as of August 07. My hair has grown allot since then and currently I am wearing braids until I relax it.

Thanks LHCF ladies.:)

Last edited:
:bump:
i'm interested in switching to lye. no-lye's been 100% fine for me so far (i use ORS olive oil), but i've been hearing way too many good things about Mizani Butter Blend and Silk Elements.

hmm...

Wow! You have amazing growth! I'm looking for a new lye relaxer too. My final choices are Mizani or Affirm.

I just wanted to say that you are a very brave chick. That was a very dramatic cut :eek: It's cute, though :)

The only relaxer on your list I have used is Mizani. At first I used mild, and it was ok, but as my hair grew in healthier and stronger from my vitamin regimen, it no longer was effective. I have since moved up to regular strength and I leave it on for 15 min total (including application). It gets my hair straight, and after my first wash day post relaxer, I do get a teeny bit of wave, but not a lot, and I like it that way. My hair is very strong, and I can see a difference on my length between the previous brands I used vs. the current one.

Any other questions, just ask :)

Thank you so much ladies. So far Mizani is taking the lead. :grin: I am placing my order Friday for the relaxer. If I get more good feedback about Mizani by Friday it will be my next new relaxer.Currently the relaxer I use is Gentle Treatments Regular or Course and if I can't find it I sometimes use that kiddie relaxer "Just For Me". :giggle: I know that is bad but I use to love that relaxer and the song.

Anyways, Mazini Butter Blend sounds very interesting. :scratchch
:thankyou:
Thank you so much ladies.

Thank you LHCF Ladies,

I have placed an order for the Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer. Can't wait to try it. For year 2008 I am only using Lye. Hope I like it. :grin:

Last edited:
Back