Need help!! What is my hair type?

Mrsgrice215

Hello ladies,

I need some help on figuring out what my hair type is. I honestly have no idea. I know it's dry and my strands are fine. They break so easily. But I don't know my hair type. I have attached a few pics hoping someone can help me figure out what my hair type is. The images are on freshly washed hair with no product in it. I appreciate any help you can give!!

Attachments

• image-1336350617.jpg
    image-1336350617.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 142
  • image-1260201051.jpg
    image-1260201051.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 151

Mrsgrice215

Thanks so much for responding. Ok.. I was thinking 4a! What does heat stretched mean? My hair has no elasticity and it's hard for me to wear my natural curl out because in some spots it doesn't even seem like there is a curl pattern. Do you have an suggestions for products I can use on my hair? I have been hiding it under weaves and wigs and I want to wear my natural hair more.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^^Some curls are more elongated than others so I thought you were a straight hair natural. Try a good protein conditioner to make the curls spring back.

ronie

I am stupid when it comes to hair typing, but heat stretched hair is hair that has lost its natural curl pattern due to heat usage. It does look like some part of your hair is heat stretched. How often if at all do you straighten your hair?

OhTall1

^^^Some curls are more elongated than others so I thought you were a straight hair natural. Try a good protein conditioner to make the curls spring back.
Agree. I recently did this with Giovanni Nutrafix and the transformation was amazing.

Mrsgrice215

I really appreciate all the responses. Ok so I usually wear weaves/wigs but when I take them out I let my hair stay out for a couple of weeks and it's usually straight. But then it gets braided back up and tucked away so I'm not sure if those few weeks have caused some damage. My leave out is heat damaged though and that's a huge reason I want to take a break from the weaves. I will certainly try the protein treatment and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion. I transitioned for 2 and a half years mostly under weaves and wigs and cut all the relaxed ends off my hair. This is my first attempt to wear my natural curl since the relaxed ends have all been cut off.

Mrsgrice215

I didn't big chop but I slowly cut all of my relaxed ends off over the last two and a half years. So I don't have anymore relaxed hair on my head. I have some peices that are heat damaged because it was my leave out when I wore sew ins. Will my natural curl only show if I big chop versus transitioning?

pearlific1

I didn't big chop but I slowly cut all of my relaxed ends off over the last two and a half years. So I don't have anymore relaxed hair on my head. I have some peices that are heat damaged because it was my leave out when I wore sew ins. Will my natural curl only show if I big chop versus transitioning?

No. It doesn't matter if you transition or BC. As long as your hair isn't heat damaged to the point where your pattern is altered, you will be able to see your natural curls. I transitioned for 14 months and my curls show in some areas of my head but in others, it doesn't yet; just frizzy, but getting better since I'm finding better products.

Maybe you should try a protein treatment like others have suggested in order to help your curls to spring back to life. You may then be able to better see your hair type.