My Hair Type????

MA2010

Hello ladies,

I need help!

I have been trying to look up threads that can help figure out what my hair type is. I don't understand the number system and I'm a little confused :ohwell:!!!

I know my weave hair type....lol. I'm a 2 or 4 in color yaki straight is closest to my texture.....lol! But I know that's not what we go by on here.

My hair is relaxed. I've been relaxing my hair since I was 14 (I'm now 25). I don't have any "baby", "indian", or "mixed" hair.....lol. When my NG comes in it's battle field gallactica :blush:. Curly kinks/ beady beads all over the my head! My hair doesn't hold moisture for long if I don't take good care of it.

However......I still don't know my hair type :wallbash:!!!

Can anyone help a sister out please! God bless you!!!

RedVelvet310

You'd first need to allow your hair to grow out... A LOT to be able to determine a hair type. And you'd also have to be able to find an effective way to DC/Moisturize and detangle your NG when it comes it, by doing that you will be able to get a more accurate pic of your NG and hair type. I've noticed that esp. on relaxed hair when hair typing NG its really different if you decide to BC. I for example thought I was 4B with my NG, but when I BC-ed I realized I was 4a/b... but now that my hair is growing its closer to 4a/3c.

MA2010

You'd first need to allow your hair to grow out... A LOT to be able to determine a hair type. And you'd also have to be able to find an effective way to DC/Moisturize and detangle your NG when it comes it, by doing that you will be able to get a more accurate pic of your NG and hair type. I've noticed that esp. on relaxed hair when hair typing NG its really different if you decide to BC. I for example thought I was 4B with my NG, but when I BC-ed I realized I was 4a/b... but now that my hair is growing its closer to 4a/3c.

Thank you very much for shedding some light. I have about 1.5 inch of NG now. For the past week it has been very moisturized with just Scurl and Profective Break Free leave in. My NG is soft and manageble but w/o moisture: child please! LOL!:grin: