Need Honest Opinions...how much longer to shoulders?

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

I just posted new pics of my hair after my relaxer that I got on sunday. I think I have about 1 inch or so until my hair starts touching my shoulders. What do you ladies think?? Are the goals in my sig realistic? Please check out my album and let me know.

Also if you have any suggestions for ensuring that I get there and fast, please let me know.

Thanks in advance:) .

TrustMeLove

Wow your hair looks so healthy and shiny. I remember those days. I thought I was too cute. Especially since alot of folks couldn't rock and short style like me.

I think you need abut 2 inchs before your grazes the shoulders. But keep wearing those protective styles and im sure youll eventually get to your goal.

My advice to you is not to be so focused on your hair growing to a certain length by a certain time. Just make sure your talking care of it properly and that its healthy. By watching it like a hawk and waiting for it to hit a certain length you will seriously become discouraged.

*Great Bun pics.

-Trust

AllAboutTheHair

I am co-signing with Trust, looks like you need about two more inches. BUT your hair is soooo healthy and shiny. Don't worry about it. You will get there soon. HHG.

AATH

chellee

Rabia, your hair looks so healthy. What did you use for shine?

Great comparison pics. Seems like you are really focused on your progress so you will definitely make it far. 2 inches will make it official (remember you have to factor in the curl when you style your hair).

Take Care

RabiaElaine

chellee said:
Rabia, your hair looks so healthy. What did you use for shine?

Great comparison pics. Seems like you are really focused on your progress so you will definitely make it far. 2 inches will make it official (remember you have to factor in the curl when you style your hair).

Take Care

As for the shine I use wild growth a couple of times per week. I also mist with Mizani Shyne every other day or so. I'm starting to use wild growth more though, especially on my ends. I'm thinking about increasing it to 2x per day to keep them as moist as possible. My hair has always retained a lot of sheen for some reason. Every once in a while I'll do a clear cellophane rinse, I heard this was good for protecting the hair. I haven't done one in about 2 months though, I think:perplexed .

So it looks like the consensus is 2 inches! I forgot that my hair curls under for the wrap. I was thinking about it when it is dead straight, but I never wear my hair like that. I'll adjust my siggy, thanks ladies!

mrslee

Love yourself first!
RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies,

I just posted new pics of my hair after my relaxer that I got on sunday. I think I have about 1 inch or so until my hair starts touching my shoulders. What do you ladies think?? Are the goals in my sig realistic? Please check out my album and let me know.

Also if you have any suggestions for ensuring that I get there and fast, please let me know.

Thanks in advance:) .

Your hair is shiny and healthy!! I love the thickness! You will be there in no time! :)

RabiaElaine

So I measured like DSD recommended and with the hair pulled perfectly straight I only have 1 inch to brush the tops of my shoulders on the sides and in the back, but considering that I wear my hair in a wrapped style and the ends bend under I will probably need 2 inches. So hopefully I can gain that in 3 months. I won't be getting anymore trims until I hit shoulder. I'm just going to keep my ends really moisturized.