Neutralizer

Lady Esquire

:wave: Hey Ladies!
I have been taking notes for my next relaxer, which I plan to apply myself. I have two practically full bottles of neutralizer here that's been under my cabinet forever, for real...like over two years! Assuming they haven't gone bad, is it safer to use the neutralizer from the same product line? Or it doesn't matter? I may use Affirm, Mizani or Vitale (I am not sure which one yet)...but my neutralizer is CON.

Thanks. Muuah!

It does not matter which brand you use. :yep:

I use Isoplus as a neutralizer for every single relaxer I've ever used. I like Isoplus because I can glob tons and tons on without worrying about running out, it's cheap, readily available, there's a color indicator, and it lathers nicely. It doesn't make the hair feel too parched either. As long as your neutralizer is effective pH wise, doesn't matter which company stamps its name on the bottle.

Back in the day when I used to use the relaxer kits, I'd always buy the Isoplus as a back up because I'd always use up the little bottle from the kit. Now since I use Mizani, Isoplus is the only that neutralizer I use.

Thanks SistaSlick!

I have decided to return to self-relaxing and I've been prepping and reading like crazy. Your articles have helped me immensely!

Back