michelle21

Morning ladies, new to this board but what great information. Well my hair is not so great, no matter what relaxer i use and no matter how long i leave it my hair does not seem torealx. Strange - i know. I now have about 2 inches of growth and it won't relax. So i am going natural.

BUt any advice will be greatly appreciated.

To Londondiva - my sister lives in London can you recommend any good salons. Thanxs

pebbles

Hi Michelle21,

Welcome to the board! What sort of relaxers have you used in the past? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NAY007

hey michelle,

now i am positive /images/graemlins/grin.gif that there is a relaxer out there for you. maybe there is somebody here on the board that had the same expirience as you and they have some advice for you. but as pebbles asked, i am also interested in the relaxers that you have tried so far. and did you do it yourself or did you go to a salon?

i am still new here but i also welcome you to the board /images/graemlins/wink.gif

hairfanatic

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/grin.gif That's strange about the relaxer. The only time I remember having a problem of my hair not relaxing was when my mother first tried to put a relaxer on my virgin hair. I'm natural now and have been that way for two years. Going natural is not so bad, but a lot of work. If you are tossed up between the two, use a flat iron on low heat and use a straightening balm to grow it out. KMS makes a good one. You never know, your hair might just react better to a press and curl.

LondonDiva

Michelle welcome to the board.

Are you using a no-lye relaxer? The reason I ask is if you relax with it and you don't relax it properly and there is still curl in the hair then you will not achieve anymore straigtness if you go over it again and again. The pattern of the hair is locked that way. Going over it with a lye relaxer would help, if you went that route I'd say it's best to seek advice with a professional hair stylist.

Good luck on your natural hair journey. There are plenty of natural and transitiong members on board to help you out.

Peachtree

Michelle,
Just wanted to welcome you to our healthy hair family /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

God Bless,
Peachtree

Robin41

Welcome, Michelle21. I agree w/LondonDiva, a talented, professional stylist is absolutely priceless when it comes to a relaxer as far as I'm concerned. I know some ladies are able to do their own touch-ups but I can't so only my stylist is allowed near my hair with a jar of relaxer. Good luck to you!

Fashionista

Welcome michelle21!

What is your hair type? There might be someone with the same hair type as you who could recommend a relaxer. If that doesn't help a professional stylist is your best bet.

Good luck.

CICI24

Hi michelle 21!
welcome to the board. I had a friend whose hair wouldn't relax no matter what she used it stayed curly. I was told that when your hair doesn't respond to relaxers they way they should it means that your diet is too acidic. I don't know if that's true for you but it is something to look into.