VanillaDream80

Hello everyone,
Although I've already posted in another section of the board, I'd just like to formally introduce myself. I browsed through the board many a time, and finally decided to join. I absolutely love this board -- you all are so supportive of one another!
Well, my name is April, I'm 19 and a 2nd year psychology student in Florida. My hair type is 3A and I'm transitioning to natural. My last relaxer was on Aug 25 (day before return to Fall 02 semester -- couldn't go to school looking rough!). I made the decision to go natural when I came across my kindergarten (yes kindergarten) school picture. I had such beautiful, long, thick hair (up to about 6th grade) and was just dumbfounded by what my hair had become through trying to be like all the other girls in school: relaxers, heat styling, and just improper care. My hair is not as bad as I make it sound, but it could be better. I read the board several times a day and have taken some advice to form the following regime:

Shampoo : Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing
Conditioners : Nexxus Humectress, Aura Cherry Almond Bark Moisturizing Conditioner, and Aphogee Keratin.

Leave-in : Elasta QP H-Two

Deep Conditioner : I haven't found one that I really like, so any recommendation, especially for very dry hair, would be appreciated.

Oils: Kemi-oyl; I've also experimeted with essential oils, such as rosemary and emu for hair growth. Works fairly well but the smell is !WHEW!

Vitamins: modified Bargello's regime

I look forward to chatting with you all. Ciao!

nita4

A big welcome to you Vanilladream!!

I use the Nexxus Keraphix as a deep conditioner. But one good thing about this board is that there is a mix of natural and relaxed ladies that can give you good advice on just about anything.

Happy Hair Growing!!

hairfanatic

Hi VanillaDream,

Glad you decided to join. I used to think the same thing about my hair. You will find that some days you will like the transitioning and sometimes you will hate it, but just hang in there because when you start working your hair with twists, etc, and watch it spring back...you will love it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peachtree

Hey VanillaDream,

Welcome to our "Hair Family". We're glad you've decided to officially join us /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I use Motions Moisture Plus (I add extra virgin olive oil to it) as my deep conditioner. This is the only one I've used since starting my "healthy hair" regime. I'm sure that other members could recommend better products. Members here definitely have a wealth of information.

God Bless,
Peachtree

BlkMane

Hi, VanillaDream! I wish I had gone natural when I was 19! Lucky you!

I like QH Cholesterol as a deep conditioner. I add honey or Blackstrap molasses to it usually with oils (mostly jojoba). The honey and BSM will make your hair sooooo shiny. Try it!

I've also heard wonderful things about ORS Hair Mayonnaise, so I will be trying that (BTW, it contains protein).

Lita

Welcome,Welcome.Glad to have you.Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif