New Pics up on the Bev Johnson (wanakee) site...

summer

don't worry tonya...it's gonna be okay. just take it one day at a time.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

i'm with elyse on how great wanakee's products are (refusing to call it bj - don't care who's name is on the package). anyway...i love,love,love the detangling leave-in conditioner. *eliminates* all kinds of tangles, snags, knots, etc. good stuff.

hope this helps...or sends you over the edge /images/graemlins/tongue.gif (it's not good to be stuck in the middle! /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

coilykinks

I agree. I love the products as well. My mom has used this line faithfully since Wanakee introduced it. The items you listed are the best and yes these items are concentrated and last a long time you don't need much. That hair oil might be pricey but that hair oil is damn good and a little goes a long way, no oily feeling what so ever. Hopefully they will begin to sell the products in stores and the prices will come down, just tired of buying things of the net, but my bottle of oil has lasted a year. As far as I'm concerned none of these hair care lines are totally honest period. Everything is lights, airbrushing, cosmetics and even if it isn't obvious some lines may be adding hair for volume for advertisement. Even if the model doesn't have the exact hair that they are looking for, but she has the look (facial features) they are looking for which the company thinks will help sell the product as well, so they'll just enhance her hair some.

Integrity

just gotta say how beautiful wannakees hair is! /images/graemlins/cool.giftwo people on the board have her as the icon. hair so thick, long and strong from roots to tips! i cant afford her products though /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif
she also has the most flawless skin....what an inspiration for us all

hiddy3

sbaker,
I love 3 of the products. The Oil, The Constant Care For Ends and the Hairline cream. Although it is true that the products cost more that others, I find that they are rather concentrated and I use less of them. I go through bouts of "product junkie itis" and tend to try different products that generate "buzz" on the hair boards (I do love the Elucence conditioner), but find that I tend to go back to these three.
I guess this brand is taking a slight beating on the boards because Beverly has established herself as the "Wig Maven", an image in much contrast to Wanakee herself. I don't trip on the Beverly Johnson thing though. Quite frankly outside of a confederate flag or 3 K's I couldn't care less who their spokesperson is or what celeb is on the website, as long as it improves the look/condition of my hair. Wanakee came up with some good formulas.
I've talked to the owner Alain on the phone and he assured me that the products are the same original concoctions.

This line's biggest obstacle is it's higher price point. I still believe they are very effective products, and I see a difference in my hair (especially my edges and ends) when I don't use them for a while.

Hope this helps,

Pallas

hiddy3

Sorry (I never proof read). I meant to say "outside of a confederate flag
or three k's on the box , I couldn't care less who their spokesperson is, or what celeb is on the website...".

P-

daviine

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
luckily I am broke

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, ain't that the truth? Sometimes you need someone else or something else to set limits for you!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daviine

So if you could buy only <font color="blue"> one </font color> BJ/Wanakee product what would it be?

hiddy3

Hey Daviine!
The "Oil". Hands down. Can't go wrong.
Girl you know I love my natural oils, but this prepared "Oil" is wondeful. Light, non-greasy (but still use sparingly), moisturizing. Not the greatest smelling stuff in the world, but nothing a few drops of essential oil won't take care of.

Pallas

H

HoneyRockette

I would choose the hairline cream. BTW for anyone who is interested I have about 3/4 of Wanakee/BJ's 8oz Oil. I don't like her oil myself. It smells funny and even if I only use a drop I feel like my hair is greasy. Since everyone loves it maybe someone would want to take it off my hands.

To HoneyRockette, I wouldn't mind taking that wanakee oil of your hands, I hear she has great products and no doubt her hair is beautiful but her products are way to expensive for me