New Product I found (and bought) at ULTA!!!

ms_kenesha

It is NIOXIN SMOOTHING PROTECTIVES, this line isn't even on the Nioxin Website yet. *Protectives is for chemically treated hair, Actives is for non-chemically treated hair*

I got the sample starter package which included the Moisturizing Cleanser (3.4oz.), Moisturizing Scalp Therapy (3.4 oz.), Silk Elixir (3.4oz), Pure Shine Gel (.5oz), and Finishing Creme (.5oz). I used everything except the gel, but I will use that when I do my "curly" look one day.

The cleanser (shampoo) does not make a lot of lather & I thought it was a mistake so I acutally did it twice (rinse & repeat) although the bottle does not say that you have to. It had a pleasant smell and left my hair easy to comb and moisturized. The Moisturizing scalp therapy is a conditioner and it says to leave on for 1-3 minutes, although I might have left mine on for 10-15 w/ a plastic cap, because I was trying to watch the Apprentice. I then rinsed it out and my hair had much slip! I then used the Silk Elixir which is a leave in, I then combed my hair in place for the style I wanted and airdryed with a satin scarf over it while I slept. When I woke up my hair was smooth and shiny. I then bumped my hair with a large ceramic curling iron and finished with the finishing creme. My hair is soft, shiny, and moisturized! These products are a KEEPER! The only problem is since they are so new ULTA only had the full size bottle of the shampoo, which came with a trial (.5oz) of the Silk Elixer or finishing creme. There is also another product that didn't come in the sampler that they recommend you use after the Moisturizing Scalp Therapy, which is another conditioner(Cyonutrient Moisturizing Treatment).

The Smoothing Line is like the regular Nioxin line except it's supposed to be more moisturizing and cut down on frizz. It says "TREATS AND MANAGES UNRULY TEXTURED, CHEMICALLY ENHANCED HAIRSKINCARE FOR THE SCALP. BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY HAIR.

Revolutionary skincare for chemically enhanced hair formulated to promote optimum scalp health.

SmoothPlex™ provides unruly textured, normal to coarse hair with moisture, natural shine and smooth control.
Glyco-Fused Complex™ provides an optimal scalp environment and healthier looking hair.
Smoothing Reflectives™ styling products provide balanced moisture and create illustrious shine.

This Kit Contains:

Smoothing Protectives™

(1) Moisturizing Cleanser 100ml/3.4 oz. Hydrating cleanser helps enhance hair color and prevent color fadage.
(1) Moisturizing Scalp Therapy 100ml/3.4 oz. Deep conditioner moisturizes the scalp and safeguards drying irritation caused by chemical services.

Smoothing Reflectives™
(1) Silk Elixir™ 100ml/3.4 oz. Leave In Hair Repair for Soft, Silky Feel.
(1) Pure Shine Gel 15ml/0.5 oz. For Reflective Shine and Flexible Control.
(1) Finishing Crème 15ml/0.5 oz Anti-Frizz Smoothing Polish.
"

91_1.JPG

Sounds really good.

Don't get me PJing over here. I haven't been buying any hair care goodies lately (just that bottle of CON Shampoo a couple of weeks ago). I've been so good lately. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What's the price on the starter kit? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do it...You're getting tempted.

I too said I wasn't going to buy anything else unitl I used ALL the stuff I had in my cabinets. Well, I gave away some stuff that was new.
ups.gif

Oh, and I did buy some Lacio Lacio, but it was a deal...I mean I wanted to try it.
action-smiley-049.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do it...You're getting tempted.

I too said I wasn't going to buy anything else unitl I used ALL the stuff I had in my cabinets. Well, I gave away some stuff that was new.
ups.gif

Oh, and I did buy some Lacio Lacio, but it was a deal...I mean I wanted to try it.
action-smiley-049.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry. If I purchase anything, it won't be a ton of products. I have a great hair care product stash, and I know I don't need much more in it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think it was about $14...come on you know you want it /images/graemlins/poke.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOOH I have some samples of the smoothing reflectives shampoo at home that i haven't tried yet..They came with my nexxus emergencee when i brought it at Trade secret.

Try it and tell me how you like it. The kit I bought is also selling on Ebay!

[ QUOTE ]
OOOOH I have some samples of the smoothing reflectives shampoo at home that i haven't tried yet..They came with my nexxus emergencee when i brought it at Trade secret.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have this too. everything is just ok, but the scalp therapy is wonderful. it made hair so soft and easy to comb through and i loved the tingle.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it was about $14...come on you know you want it /images/graemlins/poke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Kenesha,

Girl, you know how I love telling the members here 'you know you want it /images/graemlins/poke.gif ' /images/graemlins/rofl.gif Yes, I do want it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I knew you would!!

[ QUOTE ]

Kenesha,

Girl, you know how I love telling the members here 'you know you want it /images/graemlins/poke.gif ' /images/graemlins/rofl.gif Yes, I do want it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to add, I bought the sample sizes of Redken Butter Treat and Heat Glide Spray, but I haven't used them yet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm going to Ulta again after work to buy the Frizz Ease Curl Spray.

Alright Ms. K,

I am officially mad at you (see /images/graemlins/mad.gif ) for starting this thread. These products are quite moisturizing and left my hair quite silky. Bad Ms. K. /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I looked at these products at Trade Secret yesterday. They all looked pretty good. But, I pushed myself out of the store. I am glad that I didn't read this thread on yesterday. Thanks for the reviews!

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif But you liked them! Sorry, to be a Product Pusher /images/graemlins/sekret.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alright Ms. K,

I am officially mad at you (see /images/graemlins/mad.gif ) for starting this thread. These products are quite moisturizing and left my hair quite silky. Bad Ms. K. /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nioxin is off the hook! The Follicle Booster is helping my hair grow. The Cytonutrient Treatment is ridiculous, I love it! /images/graemlins/bath2.gif

SOOOOO not-really-too-happy-with Ms. Kenesha...went to Ulta, didn't see the cute $14 introductory kit at first so picked up the starter kit at $39, and then didn't want to put it back when I turned around and saw the introductory kit - OR when I went around the corner and saw the other starter kit on sale with the Silk Elixer...BUT - I'm glad I got the one I did - with the cleanser, scalp therapy and the protonutrient treatment - 'cause I'm loving it!!!! Cleared my scalp right up - I always have extremely bad flaking when the seasons change - and my hair feels great (relaxed 4a/b, airdried) - okay I also bought the silk elixer, bliss and smoothing finishing creme - and I'm sorry but it feels great! Thanks for introducing me! I'm not using OR buying anything else for at least 6 months (said the PJ in that "I really mean it this time" tone...).

Has anyone used the Structure and Strength conditioner?

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif You say you're not gonna buy anything else and then ask about a conditioner.

I'm glad you liked it and it cleared up your scalp! So, the ULTA you went to had the FULL SIZE smoothing kit??? I know that this is already a winner, so when I'm finished with my little kit I'm getting the big one, but I really want the smoothing products. I'm mad that NIOXIN doesn't even have the info. on the new product on their site, I should write them, it's not like I'm working. /images/graemlins/user.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SOOOOO not-really-too-happy-with Ms. Kenesha...went to Ulta, didn't see the cute $14 introductory kit at first so picked up the starter kit at $39, and then didn't want to put it back when I turned around and saw the introductory kit - OR when I went around the corner and saw the other starter kit on sale with the Silk Elixer...BUT - I'm glad I got the one I did - with the cleanser, scalp therapy and the protonutrient treatment - 'cause I'm loving it!!!! Cleared my scalp right up - I always have extremely bad flaking when the seasons change - and my hair feels great (relaxed 4a/b, airdried) - okay I also bought the silk elixer, bliss and smoothing finishing creme - and I'm sorry but it feels great! Thanks for introducing me! I'm not using OR buying anything else for at least 6 months (said the PJ in that "I really mean it this time" tone...).

Has anyone used the Structure and Strength conditioner?

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to the one in downtown Silver Spring. I think it could double as a clarifier, but the good thing is unlike most clarifiers it doesn't make your hair dry! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ms.K,
Which Ulta do you go to? Could the scalp cleanser double as a clarifier??

[/ QUOTE ]

Back