New style i developed

BeautifulNameX

Well maybe not.

But yea you put your hair in many loose black rubber bands. Its a very low manipulation style espedially fa streachers and transitioners because you dont have to comb it. and you can wash it with them in and everything

I remenber when i was a lil younger my sides broke off from a motions and i was getting braids and stuff. i went to this one braider and i remenber her telling me that the same thing happened wit her daughter and she put her sides in rubber bands and it caught up fast and her son wanted to gro braids but it was too short and she was putting his in bands.

i dont know if this is tru that it sppeds up growth but a lot of boys do it before they want braids but ima put my hair in bands for a couple months. its a nice style caause you can style it and stuff. i wish i had my phone to sho u pics

keluric

One of my guy friends did this. He's about 6'5" 260 some pounds and he was walking around with a bazillion multi-colored rubberbands in his head trying to stretch his hair. Needless to say he looked ridiculous. He asked me to help him take them out and it was a MESS to do so. I suppose as long as they're not too tight and there's not too much tension.. I'd worry about breakage though. I use the black bands for my twists but not on a regular basis and I always cut them out so I don't have to pull and tangle my hair trying to remove them.

Last edited:
P

patient1

Remember the Booyah Tribe? If I find a pic, I'll post it. They used to wear their hair like this. The technique is called Banding and a few sisters here and at np.com do this. I think Bubblin has a pic in her siggy of a banded ponytail.

p1

keluric

Oh, you know.. I didn't even make the connection to "banding" the hair. My guy friend was under the impression that using the bands would make his hair grow faster. I just band to elongate my hair for styling.. I have pics of that in my fotki.. I only use cut pantyhose though.