New Subscriber and Uncle Funkys Daughter

RocksMiAfroPuff

LHCF members! I am a new subscriber and member:wavey:. I found this site a few months back in search of help styling and maintaing my natural hair.

A lil sumn about myself:

Ive worn my hair natural all my life. Ive never permed, relaxed, or colored my hair. Ive only straightend it with a hot comb or flat iron. Ive always been inspired by hair doos, whether straight or curly (who wouldnt be with all these aspiring fashionistas walkin around....its tough out here geez l0l). Ive always been so frustrated and confused as to what i want to do with my hair. Its been about BSL until i cut it a lil above SL for a change.:cry4:I always thought my hair was plain and boring. I just wanted a cute, sexy, different style that complimented me and my personality. So i got my hair layerd and kept the most of my length. Then about two yrs ago, thats when i cut it above SL b/c of peer pressure for "a change". I guess my friends thought my hair was kinda boring as well lol. So i did it..cut it off. I liked it at first but then i slowly but surely wanted my length bck. So i grew it bck out to SL. Im a lil past that now. Probabay just hittin APL.

Natural Hair:
Ive worn my hair natural allot throughout the yrs. Mostly b.c i was too lazy to straighten it or i was at the time really trying to embrace my natural hair. But i eventually resorted bck to straightening it b.c it seemed more managable and easier to style. Plus i didnt hv all the support i would hv liked from my family and friends. Then working in corporate america doesnt help b/c its hard to rock that fro or those kinky curls when your the face of someones company. So straight it was.

But ive been on this health kick for the past few yrs. Ive been trying to take better care of my body by workin out, eating healty (not dieting but makin it a lifestyle) and just trying to be happy in general. So this included my hair, nails, teeth..the whole sha-bang. So natural it was..ive been wearing it this way for a while now and i FINALLY DECIDED this month that im gonna go completely natural without straightening at all. Ive never done the research b4 on how to care for my hair the way i should..which is why i never knew what to do with it..:ohwell: <-----my fault *slaps hand* shame on me l0l. So its time to get on the right track.

My sister also loves wearing her hair natural as well and she is always on a quest to find organic hair products. She came across and introduced me to Uncle Funkys Daughter here in Houston, TX (rice village area) about 3 yrs ago. At the time they were just a natural hair styling salon and boutique. They were selling other hair care products like Curls ( which i loved..smelled heavenly). But recently they've come out with their own line of produts which i JUST started to use. They seem to be more natural than curls. Havent chkd..just a feelin. So far i like. It leaves my hair soft and shiney and i can run my fingers through it pretty easily. Unlike other products ive tried that left my hair hard and dry. Im gonna be making my first appointment pretty soon to get my hair done there. Been there many times for products but never for a style. So im excited. :grin:I would love to do it myslelf but ive tried and w/e im not..i must not be doin it right b.c its not coming out right. So i need some HEEUULP! Maybe they can point me in the right direction cuz im strugglin with these styles.

From being a sort term :killlurk:lurker lol ive observed that you guys feel very strongly about pictures and the moto around here is THREADS ARE USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES! :ohwell: So as soon as i get my laptop fixed i will be posting pics up on here and my fotki of my sarting pics and continualll growth. Id appreciate anyones feedback who may have used or tried uncle funkys..what did it do for you? Did you like it? Any advice or tips a welcome as well for the newbie that i am. But i know that if i stick to it i can reach my goal ot BSL and eventually WL with all u guys inspiration..cuz yall are ON IT! i mean its just amazing :eek:to see so much progress from so many ppl. I always knew it was possible..never doubted it for a sec...but to see it first hand?..well that sumn else. So i hope i have the same success and have storys to tell right along with yall.

Might i also add that its refreshing to see women building women up instread of tearing eachother down or viewing eachother as competition. All the encouragement, love :love5: and support on here is great. Wish it was like that in the real world. So i applaud yall..and i am more than happy to try and fit on in :yep:.

-The End lol *wipes forehead*..whew

tatiana

Welcome.
I like Uncle Funky's Curl Magic; a nice alternative to Kinky Custard Curly Custard. Elongated my curls but you need a nice heavy leave-in under it.
I do not know if I buy it again because I find Herbal Essence Hydrolious conditioner and aloe vera gel gives similar results for less the price and I can find it at any grocery/drug store.
Good luck!

DirtyJerzeyGirly

Welcome! Yes, I've tried UFD. I have the Good Hair Leave-In conditoner styler and the Curly Magic. I like it sooooo much better than Kinky Curly! It's not sticky like KCCC. It defines my twist and braid outs.

tada1

:welcome4:

and :lachen: at you acknowledging that "this thread is worthless without pics" because :needpics: :rofl:

welcome to the board, bunz!

SignatureBeauty

WELCOME!!!!! You will have a wealth of great information here!!! I have never tried uncle funkys hair products, do you have to get them at the salon or where can you purchase them at?

RocksMiAfroPuff

WELCOME!!!!! You will have a wealth of great information here!!! I have never tried uncle funkys hair products, do you have to get them at the salon or where can you purchase them at?

Thank you! Uncle Funky's Daughter products can be found online at www.unclefunkysdaughter.com They're a boutique too but they only sell there graphic t shirts and jewlry i believe online. I really like their products..some of em are a bit on the expensive side though but worth it to me. Hope you get a chance to check em out.:grin: