New to the board and question about Nioxin

kedra70

Hello everyone! I'm new to the board and have a question about Nioxin. My hair is relaxed and measures to about the end of my neck. I cut my hair earlier this year and have decided to grow it back to its usual shoulder length.

I would like to use Nioxin (the NX3 I think) on my hairline. I'm not sure if the relaxer or the way that I put on my scarf or bonnet has thinned out the area. My question - for the ladies that use Nioxin, how do you fit it into your hair regime?

I was using the ORS hair balm and I know you have to wait a week to use it after relaxing and stop usage at least four days before relaxing.

I did a search on the boards for Nioxin use, but didn't find anything that specifically pointed out how it worked with a relaxer.

Thanks in advance,
Kedra <font color="blue"> </font color>

LondonDiva

Kedra70

Welcome to the board.

I didn't know that about the ORS hair balm at all. I'm glad they inform women who relax about this.

As for the Nioxin NX3 the ingredients do stimulate the scalp very well to the point you can feel it tingle/itch. I guess this makes sense to the point where if you have to avoid scratching/disturbing your scalp before a relaxer to avoid burns, then the same thing would apply to a product that stimulates the scalp.

I wouldn't use it a few days before or after a relaxer after breaking it down like that. You can contact those at nioxin and ask them as well. www.nioxin.com