New To the Board - Hi all

ladyalovely

My sister put me onto this site, so first thanks to her! My hair type is a 4A. This is my regimine with my hair:
Relax with Affirm every 10-12 weeks. Wash my hair with carol's daughter Ylang Ylang, Rosemarey Mint, or Aphogee Evening Primrose Moisturizing shampoos, Hot oil treatment two weeks after a touch up, deep condition every week with Motions with oil (yes i know it mineral oil but my hair takes well to it). Every other week for first 5-6 weeks at home, I roller set, then hard hat hairdry, then wrap my hair. AFter that time, I go to the dominicans for them to wash, condition, and blow out my new growth/roots, leaving the body of the roller set in my hair. I also use electric curlers (the plug in set) after a couple of days since my hair goes a tad flat. I use Healthy Hair butter and Hair Balm (which contains honey) from carol's daughter to keep the hair moisturized but not heavy. During the summer, I'm lazy and keep away even more from heat by washing my hair and leaving it curly/wavy with the help of Hair Milk from Carol's Daughter. I'm looking for a gel that has is not full of alcohol when i want to slick back my hair into a bun. Any suggestions?

My hair goal is to grow my hair to my bra strap - halfway there!

J

JenniferMD

Welcome to the board!

Nutmeg

Glad to have you on the boards.

For a hair gel recommendation, I'd say Elasta QP Glaze. It's alcohol-free, does not create a lot of build up and washes out easily. I've been using it for about 4 years now and I love it!

Hope that helps! By the way, how do you like using the Carol's Daughter products? I LOVE the HHB and Mimosa Honey, but I've not used anything else...