NEWBIE HERE...

monieluv

HELLO EVERYONE. I'VE BEEN A LURKER FOR OVER A YEAR, AND THIS IS MY FIRST TIME BEING ACTIVE IN THE FORUMS. I'M TRYING TO GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD WITH MY HAIR. I AM OPEN TO ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET STARTED. YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY FOTKI UNDER "monie-luv". I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADD IT TO THE THREADS.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Welcome! :wave:

Remember to keep it simple, don't go out and buy everything that everyone is raving about. Find something that works for your hair and STICK to it. Try washing and deep conditioning once a week and moisturizing every day. I would recommend you start off with a clarifying poo, a moisturizing poo, a deep conditioner, a leave in and a daily moisturizer. You don't really need anything more than that. When I first joined, I was just so overwhelmed and I jumped on every bandwagon. Now that I'm keeping it simple, my hair's never been better. :yep:

HHG! :D

Last edited:

monieluv

Welcome! :wave:

Remember to keep it simple, don't go out and buy everything that everyone is raving about. Find something that works for your hair and STICK to it. Try washing and deep conditioning once a week and moisturizing every day. I would recommend you start off with a clarifying poo, a moisturizing poo, a deep conditioner, a leave in and a daily moisturizer. You don't really need anything more than that. When I first joined, I was just so overwhelmed and I jumped on every bandwagon. Now that I'm keeping it simple, my hair's never been better. :yep:

HHG! :D

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. :yep:

-Angie-

HELLO EVERYONE. I'VE BEEN A LURKER FOR OVER A YEAR, AND THIS IS MY FIRST TIME BEING ACTIVE IN THE FORUMS. I'M TRYING TO GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD WITH MY HAIR. I AM OPEN TO ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET STARTED. YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY FOTKI UNDER "monie-luv". I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADD IT TO THE THREADS.

Welcome Monieluv!

Mestiza

mscocoface

Welcome from lurkedom Monieluv! :yep:

Do you have any goals or something you are trying to obtain with your hair.

Health, length, thickness, moisture retention, etc?

Have not viewed your fotki so I don't know if you are natural or relaxed. What if any issues are you having with however your hair now?

I think when you answer those questions or at least have a general idea then you will have a good place to launch your regimen.

Happy healthy growing and enjoy the journey.

NYAmicas

Seeker
Welcome.
I'd suggest keeping a sort of hair journal. Or if you use a daily planner, keep some space allotted for notes on your hair. For example, Im on a MN challenge so I make sure Im keeping track of that and any changes it is doing to my hair. That way I can note whether the MN is actually doing anything.
HTH!

monieluv

Welcome from lurkedom Monieluv! :yep:

Do you have any goals or something you are trying to obtain with your hair.

Health, length, thickness, moisture retention, etc?

Have not viewed your fotki so I don't know if you are natural or relaxed. What if any issues are you having with however your hair now?

I think when you answer those questions or at least have a general idea then you will have a good place to launch your regimen.

Happy healthy growing and enjoy the journey.

Well, my hair is natural now. It's about 1/4". It's always been thick, at least in the crown area. My hair has never been past my chin in my relaxed days. To be honest, I've always cut my hair and then grow it out. In those times, I didn't have a set routine. I mean, I shampoo and DC weekly; then grease my scalp M,W,F. But nothing special. I just need it to be healthy if anything.