I NEED HELP

monieluv

I HAVE BEEN A LURKER FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. I HAVE TRIED SOME OF THE TIPS AND RECIPES. BUT HAIR STILL WON'T GET RIGHT. I'VE RECENTLY HAIR RELAXED AND COLORED HAIR. I STRETCHED FOR THREE MONTHS AND MY HAIR BECAME EXTREMELY DRY AND BRITTLE. I PRE-POO'D, SHAMPOO'D, AND DC'D, BUT NOTHING WORKED. SO I DECIDED TO START OVER. I AM NOW SPORTING A VERY LOW CUT (B/T .25" -.5"). I JUST WANT MY HAIR TO BE HEALTHY. PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!!! :nono:

CHECK OUT MY FOTKI: monie-luv

monieluv

i've tried various kinds from MNT, NTM, and homemade recipes. i've been doing my own hair for years and this is the first something like this happened that i can recall.

Brownie518

Well, it sounds like you definitely need to amp up your moisture. My hair was in a similar state a year ago. I read a lot of threads in here and got some good moisturizing products. I started doing oil prepoos, deep conditioning, moisturizing daily, and conditioner washing. I started paying attention to the condition of my hair and what it might be needing. I have realized that I need to stay away from hair coloring of any form. My hair does not react well to that. It causes it to dry up and break all over the place. I don't relax as often as I used to but I can't always stretch for long periods. My hair doesn't do well with it all the time. You should check out this thread:

Sistaslick's Hair Breakage 101 Thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ad.php?t=84746

You can get a lot of good info from this one. There are many on breakage. Do a quick search and you will definitely get some ideas that you can try.