Newbie Intro (and a funny story)

jtotheb

Introduction:
So I've been lurking since about May but did not pay until recently. I'm recently natural (I BCed on 10-21-07).

Funny Story:
Anyhoo, I had my little sis braid my 2 to 2 1/2 inch hair in individuals while I was at home for the holidays. She'd never done it before, but they turned out ok. I was worried about them slipping, but I thought I could keep them fresh looking until i was ready to take them out.

In the mean time, I've started going to the gym. I go during my lunch so a shower is a MUST afterward. So yesterday evening, I'm doing my usual moistorizing before bed and notice that one of my braids in the back has slipped out. Hmmm no biggie. It's in the bottom row, no one will notice. But, I was thinking...I wonder where it is? I went on to bed and didn't think much more about it.

So today, same thing. Work out then shower, only this time I'm checking my hair in the mirror before I go and notice that a braid has slipped out RIGHT IN FRONT! :yep:

So I frantically search up and down the hall, go back into the shower stall, back to my locker....no braid. Anywhere!

I have no idea where they are.

Moral of the story:
It's time to take the braids down! :lachen:

Welcome. I had this happen to me when I first met my boyfriend (thank goodness he's now my husband). On one of our dates, my braids were falling out left and right. I had managed to catch all of them and finally when we were back at my home he says, "Hey, I think you lost your shoe string". He picked it up and was like, "Is this one of your braids?" I was so embarrased, but now that I tell it, it's hilarious:lachen:.

Welcome. I had this happen to me when I first met my boyfriend (thank goodness he's now my husband). On one of our dates, my braids were falling out left and right. I had managed to catch all of them and finally when we were back at my home he says, "Hey, I think you lost your shoe string". He picked it up and was like, "Is this one of your braids?" I was so embarrased, but now that I tell it, it's hilarious:lachen:.

I'm glad to know i'm not the only one! He's a good guy for sticking around. Some would have split!

Thanks tiffers and everyone else for the warm welcomes!

Back