Newbie Needing Help

londra21

I am new to this site, and I apologize if this is in some obvious place, but I don't understand the terminology (ie. BSL, 4B etc). Where can I find this information? I have been reading the forum for the last few hours. I'm trying to go natural and grow my hair. I have found a lot of great information but still lost when it comes to the abbreviations. :sad: Please Help.

Welcome......many people won't respond, you will have to research, believe me I know.....I had to research and I'm still researching.....

I'll help.....or try too...

BSL---bra strap length

APL--Armpit Length

SL--shoulder length

MBL---midback length

WL-waist length

HL-hip length

etc....3a, 3b, 3c, 4a, 4b, etc.... are hair types....you can find a site and it will tell you the different type of textures and how you can tell.....

anything else u need?

soulie

:welcome: At the beginning of the forum is a sticky that contains links to some very helpful threads including a "Newbie" thread. It contains the acronyms you asked about and many more. You will also find links to some of the basic techniques that you will see mentioned, e.g., baggying, cowashing, etc.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=255441

HHG

Last edited:

Missi

welcome newbie... if there is any abbrev. u don't understand...just know it has some to w/ hair. ex: instead of TTYL we us HHG (happy hair growin)