Newbie...So glad I found this site!

chocolat79

First, I want to say that this website is wonderful! I've been a lurker for a while, and decided to subscribe. I just wish that I had found this site sooner as I wouldn't have had to cut ALL my hair off. I was natural for about 2 years and decided to go back to a relaxer. Everything was good for a about 3 months, then my hair started breaking severely!. I didnt' know how to stop it because I have ALWAYS depended on stylists to keep my hair healthy. (I'm not good with taking care of my own hair.)
It started breaking for what seemed an unknown reason, until I found this website. I'm still not exactly sure, but it's a possibility that it was hormones (went to dermatologist) and/or overprocessing, which I really didn't know what that meant until joining this forum. But I must say that I have learned SOOO much from you wonderful women in just a few weeks. My hair was about 6 inches and now it's 1/2 inch, natural. But I have seen the light, so to speak, and though I'm starting completely over, I now know what to do for my hair, thanks to you all! /images/graemlins/clap.gif I'm so happy, and I'm also getting my aunt and my mom on the road to healthy hair. So I must say that it has been a blessing to find such information and nice women. AND, no more co-dependency on hairstylists, I have taken my hair into my own hands, LOL. I definitely can't do any worse, my hair is 1/2 inch, so I can only do better and it already is very healthy and growing thanx to all your wonderful suggestions!

KAddy

Lorraine

Welcome newbie. You will find so many tips on how to take care of your hair. Enjoy! /images/graemlins/clap.gif