Newbie with a quick question

jovan787

Hi Everyone

I recently joined LHCF and have learned soo much so thank you all :grin: !!! After doing a little searching and becoming familiar with all the LHCF terms I have a question.

How long did it take to go from SL (lets say hair that is sitting right on the shoulder) to APL?

I have seen so many variations of SL and cant determine how long it might take me. My hair is currently braided and I am currently using/taking MTG (daily), Surge(daily), Biotin (5000mcg), Horsetail (500mg) and B-12 (2500mcg), ORS Deep penetrating conditioner, Infusium 23, and washing my hair/braids 2x/week

TIA!!

Tee

jovan787 said:
Hi Everyone

I recently joined LHCF and have learned soo much so thank you all :grin: !!! After doing a little searching and becoming familiar with all the LHCF terms I have a question.

How long did it take to go from SL (lets say hair that is sitting right on the shoulder) to APL?

I have seen so many variations of SL and cant determine how long it might take me. My hair is currently braided and I am currently using/taking MTG (daily), Surge(daily), Biotin (5000mcg), Horsetail (500mg) and B-12 (2500mcg), ORS Deep penetrating conditioner, Infusium 23, and washing my hair/braids 2x/week

TIA!!

I just wanted to say welcome. :wave:
I can't remember how long it took. I really wasnt paying much attention to my hair at that time.

jovan787

Letitia said:
I just wanted to say welcome. :wave:
I can't remember how long it took. I really wasnt paying much attention to my hair at that time.
Thanks for the warm welcome Letitia :D . I was hoping more members would respond :(

dreysonsmommy2011

I am currently in the same situation that you are in(chasing armpit:grin: ) I think that I will be there in atleast 6 months. If I continue my MTG and Protective styles.

BrooklynSouth

jovan787 said:
Hi Everyone

TIA!!

Jovan, it really is not the destination to length but the journey to hair health which will eventually get you length. Don't even think length but hair health first. Once you get the hang of having healthy, thick, non-breaking hair the length issue will not be as important; it'll just be an added benefit. Imagine being handed a Mercedes Benz as your first car once you have a drivers license, better to learn how to maintain a hoopdy first. Patience is essential....same as waiting for responses to your postings; sometimes you get none but you may have helped someone along the way just by posting.

*Happily Me*

BrooklynSouth said:
Jovan, it really is not the destination to length but the journey to hair health which will eventually get you length. Don't even think length but hair health first. Once you get the hang of having healthy, thick, non-breaking hair the length issue will not be as important; it'll just be an added benefit. Imagine being handed a Mercedes Benz as your first car once you have a drivers license, better to learn how to maintain a hoopdy first. Patience is essential....same as waiting for responses to your postings; sometimes you get none but you may have helped someone along the way just by posting.

Well said BrookynSouth!

i agree - focus on hair health and the length will come.

jovan787

DSylla said:
Well said BrookynSouth!

i agree - focus on hair health and the length will come.
Thanks for the comments Ladies!! I know that its important to attain healthy hair first but I am sooooo anxious. My hais has never grown past my shoudlers and I just wanted to know how long on average it took others to reach a healthy APL.

Good Luck Nikkipoo on your journey to APL. Hopefully Ill be there in about 8 months :)

baglady215

Welcome to the forum!

Like the other ladies said, work on keeping your hair healthy. The key to length is retaining what's there in addition to what's growing. Length will come.

I don't remember how long it took to APL. I know it took a while because I was trimming a couple of inches at a time. But you'll be there in no time!

nelli711

Welcome Jovan! I agree with everyone else, focus on health first. To answer your question, I can't remember exactly, but I think it took me like a year to get there from the top of my shoulders to exactly armpit. I'm a slower grower and I had a few trims along the way.