Newbies needs helo picking products 4 hair regimen

Day Dreamer

Hey,

I am trying to get some products for my hair as I will be doing it myself. I am new at all this so I need opnions on my choice. I added product descriptions:They are:

Biosilk Hydrating Conditioner -Description:Farouk BioSilk Hydrating Condtioner replenishes damaged or dry hair using botanical extract, herbs and silk proteins to moisturize and protect your hair from dryness and damaging UV rays.

Biosilk Hydrating Shampoo-Farouk BioSilk Hydrating Shampoo replenishes damaged or dry hair using botanical extracts, herbs and silk proteins that penetrate the hair shaft and create incredible shine.

ABBA Recoup Maximum Reconstructor Conditioner-
When your hair is damaged, the unique protein and botanical formula in ABBA Recoup Maximum Reconstructor Conditioner helps restore and rebuild your hair. The Trimolecular protein formula corrects at all levels from the inside out. ABBA Recoup Maximum Reconstructor Conditioner is a must for keeping chemically treated hair strong and full of shine.

CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray-
CHI Iron Guard by Farouk provides superior heat protection, against styling and finishing damage from the hottest heat tools. Hair will remain silky and shiny, allowing your hair style to last longer.

My aim is to get a moisturising shampoo and conditioner, a deep conditioner and a heat protectant. seeking advice and guidance.

P.S I recently did an aphogee treatment and the breakage or shedding has decreased but not stopped.

vkb247

When I was new to hair boards I looked for people who had the same hair issues I had (coarseness, resistant hair, dryness,texturized), the same hair type I had (4a/b), and people who liked some of the products I already new worked for me.

When I saw what was working for these folks (threads & fotkis) I started to look at ingredients to learn which things where working for my hair and which didn't work. Once I learned what type of things my hair liked it became easy to choose products for my reggie and some to play with every once and awhile.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Also if you want to save money I suggest investing in natural products. Evco, Evoo, avocado oil, glycerin etc. Things that you can add to other products or use plainly to stretch products or get the best results.

Day Dreamer

When I was new to hair boards I looked for people who had the same hair issues I had (coarseness, resistant hair, dryness,texturized), the same hair type I had (4a/b), and people who liked some of the products I already new worked for me.

When I saw what was working for these folks (threads & fotkis) I started to look at ingredients to learn which things where working for my hair and which didn't work. Once I learned what type of things my hair liked it became easy to choose products for my reggie and some to play with every once and awhile.

That is just it. I do not what my hair type is. My hair is relaxed and shoulder lenght. I spoke to smiling elephant about this and I described what my hair was like. She said that my hair sound alot like hers and i believe that she is a 4.

Also if you want to save money I suggest investing in natural products. Evco, Evoo, avocado oil, glycerin etc. Things that you can add to other products or use plainly to stretch products or get the best results.

I have evoo and coconut oil but I do not think that I can buy glycerin where I am. Certain things you cannot buy here eg. some salon line products, people here just do not know about. I have been attending the salon all my life so I kinda know what is supposed to work; Like affirm for example does not work in my hair. So i will be starting to find out what works but I am sticking to a routine and not just buying products.

Last edited: