Newcomer to the Forum (a little long)

La_Mas_Fina22

Hello ladies, I've finally joined the forum after being an avid watcher and hair obsesser :lol: for almost a year now. I finally got up the nerve to join as I can see that you ladies have created a supportive hair-growing family that I want to be a part of. So now on to me and my hair biography...Like most of you here, I had long thick hair as a little girl, but because my hair was very long and very soft like cotton, my mother had no idea what to do with it and at the age of 9, slapped my first Just for Me relaxer in my head. And after that, it went all downhill. My hair proceeded to break off from the constant every 4 week application of the relaxer until January 2004 when I decided no more. I decided that I would take matters into my own hands and try to learn how to care for my hair myself. Just from watching this forum so closely, I learned to do CO-washes and take vitamins and not to use heat so much until I've reached where I am today.

My current regime is CO-washes every 3 days, NTM Leave in Conditioner after every wash as well as John Frida Frizz Ease Hair Serum. When I do wash my hair with Shampoo, I use KeraCare Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo. I also do protein treatments with Hair Mayonnaise from African Pride maybe about once a month and use KeraCare Essential Oil when I need oil to hydrate my hair. In addition, I use Surge Plus 14 on a not so constant level although I need to use it more.

My vitamin regime is 1000 mg of MSM, 1000 mg of Flaxseed Oil, 15 mg of Biotin, 50 mg of B-Complex, and 500 mg of Silica.

With this regime, I had seen significant growth until I suffered a major setback about a month ago. I have a wonderful stylist here in DC who understands how to take care of texturized hair which is what I decided to do since my hair is so curly. I was going away for the weekend and needed my hair done and my stylist was booked so I went to another stylist who said she was going to trim my hair and cut my hair from between my shoulder blades back up to above my shoulders. I could have cried in that chair but I didn't. I just paid her and left. Ladies, please help me get my hair back to its old length!

moda

Well I just wanted to say welcome :) Your hair will grow back, it sounds like you are on the right path with your haircare.

A_Christian

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Eating healthfully, taking a good multi-vitamin, exercising, and drinking a lot of water all contribute to hair growth. Moisturizing the ends contributes to retaining the length of your hair. There are several members with texturized hair, I'm sure you'll find a lot of information on the best products and practices to use to maintain your hair.

Ashee

La_Mas_Fina22 said:
Hello ladies, I've finally joined the forum after being an avid watcher and hair obsesser :lol: for almost a year now. I finally got up the nerve to join as I can see that you ladies have created a supportive hair-growing family that I want to be a part of. So now on to me and my hair biography...Like most of you here, I had long thick hair as a little girl, but because my hair was very long and very soft like cotton, my mother had no idea what to do with it and at the age of 9, slapped my first Just for Me relaxer in my head. And after that, it went all downhill. My hair proceeded to break off from the constant every 4 week application of the relaxer until January 2004 when I decided no more. I decided that I would take matters into my own hands and try to learn how to care for my hair myself. Just from watching this forum so closely, I learned to do CO-washes and take vitamins and not to use heat so much until I've reached where I am today.

My current regime is CO-washes every 3 days, NTM Leave in Conditioner after every wash as well as John Frida Frizz Ease Hair Serum. When I do wash my hair with Shampoo, I use KeraCare Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo. I also do protein treatments with Hair Mayonnaise from African Pride maybe about once a month and use KeraCare Essential Oil when I need oil to hydrate my hair. In addition, I use Surge Plus 14 on a not so constant level although I need to use it more.

My vitamin regime is 1000 mg of MSM, 1000 mg of Flaxseed Oil, 15 mg of Biotin, 50 mg of B-Complex, and 500 mg of Silica.

With this regime, I had seen significant growth until I suffered a major setback about a month ago. I have a wonderful stylist here in DC who understands how to take care of texturized hair which is what I decided to do since my hair is so curly. I was going away for the weekend and needed my hair done and my stylist was booked so I went to another stylist who said she was going to trim my hair and cut my hair from between my shoulder blades back up to above my shoulders. I could have cried in that chair but I didn't. I just paid her and left. Ladies, please help me get my hair back to its old length!
:eek: :eek:
With that said, WELCOME!!!!
What is it that you would need to know from the LHCF Ladies? I think your regimen is pretty much set. Now mainly time will get you back to where you were...

baglady215

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your setback, but the best thing about hair is that it will grow back! Your regimen sounds great so you will be back in no time.