Next Day Moisturizing & Sealing Confusion

Hey ladies, can you all help me with this?

I was just thinking that if I wash my hair one day and proceed to moisturize and then seal...what about the next day? When you take your protective style down/out in the evenings/nights and you moisturize and seal....isn't that pointless? It's like you're just adding moisture on top of a seal. Is the hair shaft actually being penetrated? Am I doing the right thing by spritzing my hair with water before re-moisturizing and then sealing? I'm thinking the water loosens up the previous seal.

Am I looking at this in the wrong way?

Summary -
Wednesday Night: poo or CW, DC, moisturize, seal, prep for morning protective style or scarf method
Thursday Night: take down protective style, spritz w/ water, moisturize, seal, prep for morning protective
style or scarf method

Thanks in advance!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Girl, your wig is TOO CUTE! You know I'm a wignista. For me, I have to remoisturize because it's like my hair drinks it up. After a while, if I don't my hair get's dry again.

Soliel185

I assess my hair everyday when I take it down. Somedays it's still moisturized so I might only add a tiny bit of cream to slick down my edges or rewet my ends. I definitely feel that spritzing my hair with my moisture spray or even just filtered water makes to HUGE difference to how much moisture is actually absorbed by my hair. I remember reading that b/c water is a main ingredient in many products, sprtznig your hair with it re-activates the product. So if your hair gets messed up - wetting your hands and lightly smoothing your hair will help you eliminate the problem, I think it works when I moisturize for the same reasons.

I assess my hair everyday when I take it down. Somedays it's still moisturized so I might only add a tiny bit of cream to slick down my edges or rewet my ends. I definitely feel that spritzing my hair with my moisture spray or even just filtered water makes to HUGE difference to how much moisture is actually absorbed by my hair. I remember reading that b/c water is a main ingredient in many products, sprtznig your hair with it re-activates the product. So if your hair gets messed up - wetting your hands and lightly smoothing your hair will help you eliminate the problem, I think it works when I moisturize for the same reasons.

Ok! That's what I was looking for. Thanks.