NeXxus Humectress

BeatriceFly

Okay is anyone using this? (Nexxus Humectress)
Ive heard so many things about this?
But I want to know is it just a conditioner or a leave in?
If its great, puh lease let me know so I dont waste money

Thanks so much love you all HHG

Alee

Former ScissorHappy Nappy
I also use it and love it. I use it as a deep conditioner with a heat cap for 20-30 mins.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I use it and love it as both, a DC and leave-in. I use it more as a leave-in since nothing compares to my dominican DC's. I also use it as a daily moisturizer for my boys and it makes their curls pop, keeping it soft and moisturized.

Neroli

humectress is my holy grail conditioner -- nothing else compares! I use as both deep conditioner and leave in . . .

peacelove

I use it as a leave in for a wash and go. I mix it in a spray bottle with some water. It is good for defining curls.

RainbowCurls

It's the best conditioner in the world!*
I use it for quick conditioning, deep conditioning, and recently as a leave-in too.

[size=-3]*Out of the ones that I have tried[/size]

MizaniMami

locabouthair said:
go to their website and try to get a sample. that's what i did. but i didn't try it yet.

Yep!!!

But I use it in my spray concoctions and sometimes as a leave in/cowash/baggie my ends with it.

I like it. It is very moisturizing! Makes my hair a little too soft though so I have to be careful. It also doesn't give me the slip that I need.

camellia

I LOVE Humectress!

I use it as a deep comdition with a little warmed avocado oil and honey mixed in. I also use a little bit as a leave in. Excellent stuff!:D

BeatriceFly

thanks guys
i will have to go get
i guess i can do a leave in
or pre poo
i really dont know
my hair is damaged at the ends and dry at times so anyone have a specific suggestion

winterinatl

All natural!
EbonyPerez said:
thanks guys
i will have to go get
or pre poo
i really dont know
my hair is damaged at the ends and dry at times so anyone have a specific suggestion
Use it as a regular conditioner (I like to lightly towel dry my hair first, then apply) deep conditioner, or as a leave in.

I use mine MOST as a hairdress. It is very, very moisturizing for dry hair and the ends. I apply, then follow with a light oil to seal in the moisture. hth.

BeatriceFly

thanks
but girl u just told me three different answers lol
im jus so confused on which to do first you know
as a deep conditioner maybe with a heating cap
or should i just use it every day instead of my dudleys PCA
girl im so confused
theres so many good ideas from you guys

winterinatl said:
Use it as a regular conditioner (I like to lightly towel dry my hair first, then apply) deep conditioner, or as a leave in.

I use mine MOST as a hairdress. It is very, very moisturizing for dry hair and the ends. I apply, then follow with a light oil to seal in the moisture. hth.

Neroli

EbonyPerez said:
thanks guys
i will have to go get
or pre poo
i really dont know

If your hair is damage, then I suggest starting out using it as a deep conditioner first. After pooing, towel dry and apply humectress until hair is saturated (I detangle at this point with the condish in my hair), cover with plastic cap and cover plastic cap with a large towel and leave on for as long as you can, at least 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and proceed with leave ins. This stuff saved my hair for YEARS before there was LHCF . . .

BeatriceFly

okay thanks girl
cuz i be needing step by step
okay next wash
oh wait not next wash i may be cutting :(
the wash after
u think it will be good on natural hair too???

Neroli said:
If your hair is damage, then I suggest starting out using it as a deep conditioner first. After pooing, towel dry and apply humectress until hair is saturated (I detangle at this point with the condish in my hair), cover with plastic cap and cover plastic cap with a large towel and leave on for as long as you can, at least 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and proceed with leave ins. This stuff saved my hair for YEARS before there was LHCF . . .

dstdiva

i'm so glad i found this thread. i just tried this on friday and it did NOTHING for me. i used it as a regular conditioner. NO slip at all. i ended up having to use pantene. i tried it again last night (kept it on a little longer) and my hair felt softer..it's a start. seems like it will get better if i leave it on longer...

LadyJay114

I used to use Humectress as a regular conditioner, but Keracare Humecto worked better in my hair. But I'd revisit Humectress in a minute. It works great mixed with essential oils. I gotta try this as a prepoo.

LadyJay114 said:
I used to use Humectress as a regular conditioner, but Keracare Humecto worked better in my hair. But I'd revisit Humectress in a minute. It works great mixed with essential oils. I gotta try this as a prepoo.

Yes I love both Nexxus Humectress and Keracare Humecto and I mix with jojoba oil and EVOO, gives a very nice slip