Nexxus Humectress

Michelle79

I think I'm in love!!!

I got some samples from Nexxus in the mail today. They sent me the Botanoil shampoo & Humectress. I didn't really care for the shampoo but now I finally see why alot of you all are going crazy over the Humectress! I love this stuff! My hair is so soft! I think I may even like it better than LUST. (hears gasps from some faithful LUST users)

I'm curious to know who else uses Humectress & how do you use it(w/heat, w/o heat, rinse out or leave-in).
It also says it can be used on dry hair. Does anybody do this?

diamond_nh

I receive samples of Botanoil and Diametress today. I forgot that I even requested samples. Does anyone use diametress and do you like it?

I usually use Humectress with a processing cap with no heat.
It's great and I bought it with therappe when they had the liter sale, so you can't beat that.

Ebony

i love Humectress and when I use it, it's always as a leave in for wash n'go's or conditioning wash.

sithembile

What hair type do yo all have? I'm curious about this, but I don't know if it be good enough on my thick, 4b relaxed hair.

shinyblackhair

I had a small tube of it back in the summer. I used it mainly as a leave in hairdress lotion. It didn't seem to do much for me as a regular conditioner back then. I think that's part of the reason why I didn't repurchase. However, I had a TON of new growth at the time when I had it. It was around months 3-4 of a relaxer, so I don't think it was heavy enough for me at that point. I may buy another small tube of it, because I loved it as a leave in and it smells amazing (IMO).

ETA: Botanoil did nada for my hair. It's just sitting in my linen closet looking pretty. I should give it to my mom or sister.

PrettyBrownEyes

I use Humectress with and without heat. I don't like it as a hairdressing on dry hair at all.

I'm curious, why didn't you like the Botanoil Shampoo? Anyone can answer. Thanks.

BrEE

i got the diametress shampoo sample from nexxus and that's itttttttttttttt. i was so disappointed. what the heck am i gonna do with some thickening shampoo??? at least send me some frigging conditionerrrrrrrrrr.

Purtygurly

I only use it mixed with other conditioners. It's an okay conditioner when used alone... but if I mix it with humecto it gives REALLY good results. It smells pretty yummy too... like cherry kool aid. I use it with heat and rinse it out.

Michelle79

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
I use Humectress with and without heat. I don't like it as a hairdressing on dry hair at all.

I'm curious, why didn't you like the Botanoil Shampoo? Anyone can answer. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like it because it made my hair very tangled & stripped. It did absolutely nothing for my hair. I called Nexxus again yesterday & asked them to send me a sample of the Therappe shampoo. I hope I like that better.

Michelle79

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
What hair type do yo all have? I'm curious about this, but I don't know if it be good enough on my thick, 4b relaxed hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same type of hair you do. It made my new growth so soft.

zoya_j

I use the humectress as a deep conditioner, conditioner washes and as a leave-in. I've used it as a hairdress too. I really love it

jazzyfunknastee

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
i got the diametress shampoo sample from nexxus and that's itttttttttttttt. i was so disappointed. what the heck am i gonna do with some thickening shampoo??? at least send me some frigging conditionerrrrrrrrrr.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all they sent me too. I already have hair that's thick enough. Why do I need a thickening shampoo? Especially when I told them I had dry hair and scalp. Common sense would have told them to send Humectress.

Zuppy

My teen daughter and I are both THick 4B's, but Humatress works MUCH better on her hair than mine. For me LUST and Patene Smooth and Sleek are the best.

Note: My hair is a little more course than hers.

VelvetRain

I have started using the humectress again after a five year hiatus. I usually mix it with k-pak from joico and do a deep condition with it. I always follow with the humectress as a leave in. A small amount works wonders. Btw I don't care for the botanoil.

shinyblackhair

I tried my Botanoil, one more time before I give it away. I still don't like it. My hair didn't feel moisturized and wasn't particularly detangeld. I love my Kenra, baby! However, I have heard a lot of good things about Nexxus' Therappe shampoo. I will give that a try when I have the moula!