Nickelodeon and Christian Kids

melodee

Ladies,
Do you allow your kids to watch Nick? There are things about the network that kind of disturb me.

Alot of their programming is very liberal in their views of life as it relates to kids. I remember watching All That with my now 18 yo sis in the day, and the skits would sometimes be racy-Pierre Escargot. Their musical acts sang things that I thought were inapporpriate for kids. i remember once Jon B. singing- "Pretty girl can I sleep with you tonight".

Anyway, the humor in the shows isn't always wholesome. And on an anniversary special of All That last night, I saw musical guest Ashanti come on with a sexy outfit complete with shorts that looked more like panties. Her cheeks were falling out of the bottom.

My kids aren't even teens, and they are subject to the "TOp Five SOngs of the Week" .No matter what type of lyrics the songs have, the kids report them.
Just wondering what your thoughts are?

Hi Melodee, :wave:

I don't have kids, but I do have little cousins and I know exactly what you mean. :yep:

If my cousins come over, they can watch cartoons or "Veggie-tales" (cute, animated veggies performing stories from out of the Bible so children can understand it) .:yay:that they can watch. Honestly, Nick is starting to look more like MTV!! I'm very concerned with what I watch and my little cousins.

I hope this helps melodee. :)

melodee said:
Ladies,
Do you allow your kids to watch Nick? There are things about the network that kind of disturb me.

Alot of their programming is very liberal in their views of life as it relates to kids. I remember watching All That with my now 18 yo sis in the day, and the skits would sometimes be racy-Pierre Escargot. Their musical acts sang things that I thought were inapporpriate for kids. i remember once Jon B. singing- "Pretty girl can I sleep with you tonight".

Anyway, the humor in the shows isn't always wholesome. And on an anniversary special of All That last night, I saw musical guest Ashanti come on with a sexy outfit complete with shorts that looked more like panties. Her cheeks were falling out of the bottom.

My kids aren't even teens, and they are subject to the "TOp Five SOngs of the Week" .No matter what type of lyrics the songs have, the kids report them.
Just wondering what your thoughts are?

We don't own a Hell-i-vision...uh...excuse me....TELEvision... :look:

My son looks at Nick however he knows what we will allow and what we won't. Example last night we were looking at "All That" 10 year reunion and Ashee ( I guess that is her name) was the musicial guest and she had hardly any clothes on and I turned the channel. He never said anything or got mad because he knows We don't play that. Now my son is 12 will be 13 in July. We have blocked MTV and BET, he may look at it at his friends house but not mine.

onepraying said:
We don't own a Hell-i-vision...uh...excuse me....TELEvision... :look:

Hehe...I like that. I don't want my children to watch television(when I have them). I'd rather them read and increase the intellect that way.

Back