Please pray for my kids and me--long

HeChangedMyName

I am stressed out and I think it is affecting my kids.

I don't have a job. My savings is running out. I am starting to panic a little. I know that God is always on time, but I am starting to get to that point where fear is creeping in. My kids are acting a total monkey. They are not listening, screaming at one another, fighting, and I am trying my best to remain calm with them, but everything in me wants to just flip. The only time it is calm in my house is when they kids are either gone or asleep, and then even at those times, my mind is racing about how I will take care of the when the money runs out. Please pray for some calm, peace, a faith-boost or something to come into my household.

God has blessed me with a car that is reliable and now I am waiting for a job to follow. But, I also know that if it is God's will for me to stay at home with my kids, then he will make a way for me to do so. With that being said, I am being proactive with my job search, but I am doing it prayerfully and with God's will at the forefront. I am not willing to just jump into a job if it isn't in God's plans for me---I have done this before and found that I ended up worse off in the end for having done it.

I think I will take my kids to the park today and pray over them in the open sun in hopes that God will shine something down on them and calm their spirits. To y'all mommy's out there, you may know where I am, I am at the point where I want to cry because my kids wont do right. They are only 2 and 3 so I don't want to exhaust the power of the spanking to the point that they become immune to it. My 7 year old is at that point where I could either make or break his confidence(which he already struggles with) if I spank him too. I am at my whits ends y'all

crlsweetie912

I don't have a job. My savings is running out. I am starting to panic a little. I know that God is always on time, but I am starting to get to that point where fear is creeping in. My kids are acting a total monkey. They are not listening, screaming at one another, fighting, and I am trying my best to remain calm with them, but everything in me wants to just flip. The only time it is calm in my house is when they kids are either gone or asleep, and then even at those times, my mind is racing about how I will take care of the when the money runs out. Please pray for some calm, peace, a faith-boost or something to come into my household.

God has blessed me with a car that is reliable and now I am waiting for a job to follow. But, I also know that if it is God's will for me to stay at home with my kids, then he will make a way for me to do so. With that being said, I am being proactive with my job search, but I am doing it prayerfully and with God's will at the forefront. I am not willing to just jump into a job if it isn't in God's plans for me---I have done this before and found that I ended up worse off in the end for having done it.

I think I will take my kids to the park today and pray over them in the open sun in hopes that God will shine something down on them and calm their spirits. To y'all mommy's out there, you may know where I am, I am at the point where I want to cry because my kids wont do right. They are only 2 and 3 so I don't want to exhaust the power of the spanking to the point that they become immune to it. My 7 year old is at that point where I could either make or break his confidence(which he already struggles with) if I spank him too. I am at my whits ends y'all
:bighug:
GIRL I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!
Be still and know that the Lord has you covered in ALL areas.
I will be praying for you!

Sometimes we have to just LET GO!
Worrying, stressing and beating ourselves up only makes things worse.
PLEASE know that you aren't the only one going through similar things. We (there are lots of single mom's on the board) are feeling things and have gone through things such as you are going through now.
A few years ago I had an evaluation at my job (worked for 2 attorney's) and they didn't give me a raise stating money was tight, but that they were bringing 2 more attorneys in and I would have to work for them too at the same rate of pay! WTH!
I took a leap of faith and went back to school full time. I only earned my Associate's degree, but those times not working full time were HARD. I even had to stay with my sister for awhile. But I said all that to say that WE ALL get to that point where it seems nothing is going right.
Put your total faith and trust in GOD!
HE WILL COME THROUGH!

HeChangedMyName

:bighug:
GIRL I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!
Be still and know that the Lord has you covered in ALL areas.
I will be praying for you!

Sometimes we have to just LET GO!
Worrying, stressing and beating ourselves up only makes things worse.
PLEASE know that you aren't the only one going through similar things. We (there are lots of single mom's on the board) are feeling things and have gone through things such as you are going through now.
A few years ago I had an evaluation at my job (worked for 2 attorney's) and they didn't give me a raise stating money was tight, but that they were bringing 2 more attorneys in and I would have to work for them too at the same rate of pay! WTH!
I took a leap of faith and went back to school full time. I only earned my Associate's degree, but those times not working full time were HARD. I even had to stay with my sister for awhile. But I said all that to say that WE ALL get to that point where it seems nothing is going right.
Put your total faith and trust in GOD!
HE WILL COME THROUGH!

Thanks. I really appreciate it. We went to the park today and spent some time just hanging out. kids were great. took them out to the buffet afterwards. went riding around. got home and they started at it almost immediately. It has to be the house right? So we all held hands and prayed over the house. Starting at the front door and touching every room in the house we asked God to bless the house. My old supersitious self wants to throw some salt at my front door, but I am resisting. It was an old wives tale to put some salt around your doorway to keep out the haints. I wont do it. We prayed about it together and I am believing for God to work it out.

It tripped me out though because as soon as we walked in the door, my daughter started spazzing out because she couldn't get her shoes off. my son started spazzing because he wanted something to drink. my oldest son started trying to parent the younger two. I was like. . . .:rolleyes: it must be the house.

sunnydaze

(((hugs)))

Praying for you girl..and my 2 1/2 year old does the same thing upon returning home..acts a plum fool..its just what they do, but I can definitely see how it is doubly stressful with a 2 and 3 year old.

Question,

What type of work are you interested in?

HeChangedMyName

(((hugs)))

Praying for you girl..and my 2 1/2 year old does the same thing upon returning home..acts a plum fool..its just what they do, but I can definitely see how it is doubly stressful with a 2 and 3 year old.

Question,

What type of work are you interested in?[/quote]

clerical/administrative and since I am in school for teaching right now. I have been researchng some Christian Schools in my area and plan to send out some letters of interest to see if I can get a teaching assistant position until I am certified next summer. I am also certified to write grants but don't have any experience so I have been trying to get into relationship with some non-profits in my area so that I can gain experience and potentially begin grant consulting and eventually start my own non-profit.---That's a lot I know.

Farida

Have you filed for unemployment or some type of welfare to keep you afloat while you search?

Do you have a Catholic Charities in your area? They tend to be very helpful to single moms, financially and by offering referrals for work.

HeChangedMyName

Have you filed for unemployment or some type of welfare to keep you afloat while you search?

Do you have a Catholic Charities in your area? They tend to be very helpful to single moms, financially and by offering referrals for work.

I had unemployment, it ran out in February. I am eligible to apply again in September I think. The welfare system SUCKS. . .for me, it isn't even about pride. They want you to do 35 hours of job search each week, they don't provide childcare while you do this, nor do they assist you with gas vouchers. And then it is only for a couple of hundred dollars a month. literally, it is like 280 or something like that.
I have been making it on savings from when I had unemployment, taxes, stimulus check, etc. I have used some Christian organizations to help pay a couple of bills in the meantime though. There are no jobs where I am. This is formerly textile country and all the mills have packed up and moved to cheaper countries or shut down all together. All the jobs that I am qualified for are held by people who have been there for decades and are all planning to retire from their jobs or die off. Everyday I job hunt. I am hitting up the county, the city, the school systems, the newspaper, hotjobs, monster, careerbuilder, craigslist, the county hospital and I can't get a callback from anyone. I've revamped my resume but I wonder sometimes if my name is on some list that ALL employers have. I only have one thing on my record from 2002 and it is a misdemeanor and I received a PJC on it(basically the judge saw that it was not my tendancy to steal, but when I explained that I felt I needed to either steal some pampers or my child would have been without---she was like :look:--I feel you---don't do it again)

envybeauty

Feeling for you.

Could you lean on your kids' father? Tell him to pony up some more loot to keep the roof over his kids' heads.

SuperNova, because this is all you ask for; I truly believe God will bless you with more than you could fathom to ask. My prayers are with you:yep:.

Highly Favored8

I am praying for you. Keep you head up and stay focused on the Lord.
I lost my job in June of 10 years and I have a 12 year old son. I keep my eye and focus on the Lord. When I find my self getting stressed out I just allow my son to go to his Best friend's house, or send him to his grandma's house.

Read The Bible and Stay covered in God's word. Did you apply for Section 8, Any county assistance for paying your bills. Food Stamps. Get all the assistance you can. All you need is a hand up. What about WIC?

These are some trying times However, Always Remember you serve the Lord of YES, I CAN. Call on the Lord. He has your back Pslams 37:25-26! Stay covered and focused on the Lord! Please send a praise report of what the Lord is getting ready to do in your life!:yep:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Big gigantic hugs to you because i'm feeling your emotions/needs/everything right now.

Continue to pray, and continue to send praisings and blessings up to God. Keep thanking him for everything he's done in your life. Continue to be thankful. I watched this on Joel Osteen today and his teaching was exactly inline with your post.

I will stand in prayer with you that God continues his work in you.

HeChangedMyName

I am praying for you, i believe God will bring about opportunity for you, just keep your faith in him, he will deliver you.

Thank you. I am still holding on. I just got notified of my lack of qualifications for two county jobs I applied for. But I am not worried. Those jobs were apparently not meant for me.

Feeling for you.

Could you lean on your kids' father? Tell him to pony up some more loot to keep the roof over his kids' heads.

He helps when I need him to. He keeps the kids often so I don't have a need to badger him for excess. he's a real help.

SuperNova, because this is all you ask for; I truly believe God will bless you with more than you could fathom to ask. My prayers are with you:yep:.

Thanks. I hadn't even looked at it that way. Thanks.

I am praying for you. Keep you head up and stay focused on the Lord.
I lost my job in June of 10 years and I have a 12 year old son. I keep my eye and focus on the Lord. When I find my self getting stressed out I just allow my son to go to his Best friend's house, or send him to his grandma's house.

Read The Bible and Stay covered in God's word. Did you apply for Section 8, Any county assistance for paying your bills. Food Stamps. Get all the assistance you can. All you need is a hand up. What about WIC?

These are some trying times However, Always Remember you serve the Lord of YES, I CAN. Call on the Lord. He has your back Pslams 37:25-26! Stay covered and focused on the Lord! Please send a praise report of what the Lord is getting ready to do in your life!:yep:

Other than my kids father, there is not really anyone else who willingly and happily keeps my kids. both my parents and my two youngest paternal grandparents are deceased so I can only pull the grandma card with my oldest son's paternal grandma. It is almost always just me and my kids. My family all work so there is no one who has time to take them off my hands. I do get help from some of the programs you listed which is another reason why my savings has lasted so long. My bills aren't that much.

Big gigantic hugs to you because i'm feeling your emotions/needs/everything right now.

Continue to pray, and continue to send praisings and blessings up to God. Keep thanking him for everything he's done in your life. Continue to be thankful. I watched this on Joel Osteen today and his teaching was exactly inline with your post.

I will stand in prayer with you that God continues his work in you.

Awe thank you. I am continuing to pray that God will make a way, either through a job that he wants me in or with a means so that I can be with my kids and get them under control.

Good news came in the mail yesterday. My governor has approved some form of emergency unemployment. It is for people like me who are out of work through no fault of their own, and whose unemployment has been exhausted for the current benefit year. I filed a claim last night, hopefully it will be approved in the meantime.

cutiebe2

Im praying for you. At least you had some savings which is helping you out. I am sending you a PM

cocochanty

I will pray for you and your children and ask God to calm you, through his Holy Spirit.

Just keep giving God the glory through everything. God is working it out right now, if you just have faith. You are already have the "works" part because you are activly searching for job.

remember: He WILL provide.

HeChangedMyName

I will pray for you and your children and ask God to calm you, through his Holy Spirit.

Just keep giving God the glory through everything. God is working it out right now, if you just have faith. You are already have the "works" part because you are activly searching for job.

remember: He WILL provide.

Thanks I never considered my job hunt as being my "works" thanks for that reminder. I was beginning to feel as though I needed to "do" something else.