Night Waves- Heat Less Headband Waves

MACGlossChick

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BDE3D_kbCg4YDrlxw&sig2=V74zG5gmwlxK-atn_-CEaQ

I found this product while roaming the aisles of Walmart. I bought it because I've been wanting a Curl Band, but I'm cheap (it was less than $6) and I like to buy things otg instead of having to wait for shipping.

Anyway, I haven't used it yet but I was wondering if anyone here has tried it or any version of headband curls and what your results were. I'm mainly worried about the material this is made of. It's not silky, so I think it might suck all the moisture out of my hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've done these curls with a regular headband. It made beautiful spirals. I didn't intend to curl my hair, I was wearing a headband tuck and roll and when I undid it I had curls. Just put the headband on your forehead and the band below your crown. Take small sections and wind them around the headband until the ends are hidden. Continue until all the hair has been tucked and twisted around.

This is how it looks as the curls are setting.

MACGlossChick

I used the night waves headband last night and though I got really good results, I don't really like it. I don't think there's enough curling surface. My hair is around apl and thin, and I was running out of space to wrap my hair around on the roller part. The easy release clip is handy, but I didn't want to get my hair stuck in it. The fabric is not the best. I think I'm going to try running a thin elastic headband through two bendable curl rods and see how that works. If it doesn't, it looks like I'll be buying a Curl band.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I tried it with a regular headband and I didn't like the results. I saw some iffy results on youtube as well :lol:.
A bantu knot bun gives much prettier waves imo. Just taking all your hair back into one bantu knot and secure with a scrunchy. I love the waves I get from that.
For smaller but still wide waves you can do 2 or 3 bantu knots.