Question Nikos, Its me again, Please help me to figure this out...

Leesh

First off, the quote thing, its still not working, I've tried every which way to search for my quotes and its just too much, I used to be able to type in my screen name and they would come up, right to the exact post with the quote in it, everytime I try I get different results, Yesterday, I tried, inputting my name in "Advanced search", checked, "Exact Name", and I was able to get to the thread, once in the thread I had to go to "Advance Search" Again and "Exact Name", Altho, its a lot to do, that was ok, now it does'nt work at all. Also, the Board is taking too much time to catch up, meaning, I have new post that I know are there, but they're not showing in my "All Post" in my Profile, Same thing with the "Mentions", I was mentioned several times, but when I logged on, they did'nt notify me, I just happened upon them, by going to the threads that I was following. Nikos, Please make this better! Its completely different with this new format! Please Help!
These little tools I live by on here, I like to keep up with my posts in this way, even if its another way thats useful, thats fine, Please inform!

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
There is a difference with the previous search engine (old forum) and this one.

I searched your name and found this topic: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...09424-apple-cider-vinegar-organic-normal.html

In there you have replied a couple of times and you have been quoted. Getting to that topic will not get you directly to where you were quoted. That functionality is not available in the search engine we are running and I do not know yet if it is feasible to achieve such a thing.

The search index is being updated every 5 minutes. This is how long it takes the board to catch up. I just searched for all of your posts and saw all of today's etc. Is this still an issue?

As far as the mentions are concerned, you should see them in the notifications area (top next to your username). I have been mentioned numerous times and the system has worked flawlessly so far (for me that is). I am not disputing whether you have a problem or not - just saying that I never saw anything out of the ordinary.

The questions I have are:

What browser are you using?
When you leave the forum, do you log out?