NL to APL in 6 months!

beans4reezy

thank you auburn and a young! i am always suprized when someone complements me on my hair growth. when i first joined the hair boards in october i doubted i could make it and to be honest i still wonder if i will make it to my ultimate goal of MBL. guess i just have to take it one goal at a time

Girl, stick with whatever you are doing and you WILL BE MBL! I'm still shocked! Thats awesome progress - probably the best I've seen on this board!!!

kandake

Thanks Auburn for the link. I ended up watching all of FGrograns YT vids last night. She seems like a nice girl and I love her hair.

Auburn

Thanks Auburn for the link. I ended up watching all of FGrograns YT vids last night. She seems like a nice girl and I love her hair.

Youre welcome darling. I wonder where shes from. She talks different & shes funny lol.
Next ATEEYA?!

kandake

OOH, figures.
Idk why I didnt just look at her page info.
My lazy behind.

LOL. Its okay. I just remember it from the videos. She mentioned how she likes big hair and that she's from Texas.

She also did a vent video about the natural/relaxer "debate" she was pissed off because a fellow youtuber with natural hair refuses subscribers who are relaxed. She kept saying how "crunk" she was. And she was so serious. I'm from Chicago so I :giggled: because I've never heard anyone actually say they were crunk about something.

Auburn

LOL. Its okay. I just remember it from the videos. She mentioned how she likes big hair and that she's from Texas.

She also did a vent video about the natural/relaxer "debate" she was pissed off because a fellow youtuber with natural hair refuses subscribers who are relaxed. She kept saying how "crunk" she was. And she was so serious. I'm from Chicago so I :giggled: because I've never heard anyone actually say they were crunk about something.

LOL I havent heard that term in ages.
Im going to subscribe to her videos. :yep:
I need to know what this young lady is doing.

Highly Favored8

Makes me wonder if Im missing something :sad:

It can be done it all depends on how your treat the overall health of your hair. :yep:. That is why some like the K.I.S.S., Buns, Very low mainpulation, no heat, eating healthy, exercise. Will help improve the overall health a persons hair. IMHO

Auburn

It can be done it all depends on how your treat the overall health of your hair. :yep:. That is why some like the K.I.S.S., Buns, Very low mainpulation, no heat, eating healthy, exercise. Will help improve the overall health a persons hair. IMHO

I need to work on my HIH disease.
Ive left my FHI in NC while im down here in FL for a month or 2.
Im starting to eat even more healthy but I want to only eat fish for my meat and chicken occasionally. I want to up my exercise & water intake.
Lets see how this GOES!
:grin:

luckiestdestiny

Going to exercise now. It would be nice if we wouldn't be so judgmental from the beginning without merit.

Last edited:

CurlyMoo

I believe it! I think with a healthy diet, good blood circulation, low stress and minimal hair breakage; you can grow at least 1-2 inches a month. If not more. It may not be consistent but I think it's possible to get it. For instance I noticed that I had 1.5 inches in 2 weeks then .5 inch in one month. Then another month it was .75 inch in one month. Some people who have taken high doses of Biotin have reported an increase in hair growth per month. Even if you are only getting .5- .75 inches a month; if you retain most of that hair you will see significant length.

aero21

Girl, stick with whatever you are doing and you WILL BE MBL! I'm still shocked! Thats awesome progress - probably the best I've seen on this board!!!
WOW what a compliment:yep: you ladies have me blushing:blush::blush:b/c i have seen some pretty amazing growth from ladies on this board.

aero21

WOW, that is a simple reggie. Congrats on your growth and retention. Do you know how much you grow per month?
no i dont... i have never measured from month to month. but judging from my mini BC pic to my 6 month pic it looks like i got around5-6 inches of growth which would put me at .75-1 inch per month.

aero21

Do you also detangle when you co-wash? I would hate to detangle every day if I decided to co-wash everyday.
i use to detangle every day when i cowashed but lately (within the last 6 weeks) i have started detangling my hair only once or twice a week.

exoticmommie

I watched some of her vids, and she said she was doing the castor oil challenge on hairlista. I too started to add castor oil to my regimen, and have noticed that I have had more growth since then as well. I don't know exactly how much but I just noticed that after my last relaxer my new growth started coming in quicker.

ETA: I also saw that she had a weight loss video, and it shows her exercising. So she had a lot of things to aid her in the growth.

Last edited: