NO BREAKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ms_kenesha

Okay y'all I was having some breakage issues last month and the hair was breaking long not short little hair breakage, but long from the newgrowth breakage...I think my hair grew faster than usual last month and I waited too long to get my touch-up. Well, 1 week after my touch-up I did an aphogee treatment and Elucence EMR Treatment and last saturday I did the Elucence again, well now I have no breakage just shedding!!!!

Also, the root balls on my shedded hair are looking fuller and healthier now...I think it's the vitamins/supplements!!! Is anyone else noticing this with their hair?

ms_kenesha

Yes, when I used the Aphogee I used the Elucence EMRT on the same day it worked better than that Aphogee Moisture Balance conditioner ever could!

ms_kenesha

Thank Pebbles. I hope I don't get a bout of breakage like that ever again because since it was coming out in long pieces my hair looks thinner than it was before. But hey if it had broken off in short pieces I would have needed to chop off some length because my hair would've started to look see through!

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ms_kenesha said:
Yes, when I used the Aphogee I used the Elucence EMRT on the same day it worked better than that Aphogee Moisture Balance conditioner ever could!

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking that would be too much for one day, but if it worked for you, that's good to hear.

JenJen2721

ms_kenesha said:
Also, the root balls on my shedded hair are looking fuller and healthier now...I think it's the vitamins/supplements!!! Is anyone else noticing this with their hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kenesha,
I thought I was the only one that noticed the root balls (I didn't know what they were called until now) on my shedded hair looked thicker and more pronounced. It's good to know I'm not crazy.

I'm thinking it's the supplements too!!!

Congratulations on stopping that breakage! Does the Elucence EMR do a good job w/detangling?

kisz4tj

BTW, Congrats JenJen

I've noticed long strands with the bulb on the end also, so does that mean it's shedding? I pulled at a few of the strands and they seemed strong I couldn't understand why they came out.
So does long hair strands and bulb = shedding
short hair = breakage?

Country gal

It so nice to know that all you hard work is paying off. I can now comb my hair and have little to no hair strands in the comb.

OneShinyface

Congrats Ms. Kenesha!!
Did you do both treatments on the same day or is the EMR moisture only? I think I'm going to have to cave and buy some Elucence products.

JenJen2721

Mindymouse said:
OK Yall.

Que es "Root Balls"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think root balls is the technical name for them, but they're basically when you're hair sheds (comes out from the scalp) there's usually a white tip on the part that was in your scalp. That tip is what we're referring to.

I kinda like the term, root balls!!!

ms_kenesha

Allandra said:
I was thinking that would be too much for one day, but if it worked for you, that's good to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Allandra

I think that because the Elucence is plant protein it's more gentle than the Aphogee which is animal protein. Plant proteins aremore analogous to the hair's natural proteins, so there was no "protein breakage" using both treatments. I believe that's why Lisa Pleasant stated that the Elucence EMRT can be used weekly.

ms_kenesha

JenJen,

The Elucence EMRT isn't a detangler per se, but I don't have problems with comb out using it, but I always follow with the Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner left in my hair while I shower from 1-5 minutes before I comb out anyhow.

I don't think root balls is the scientific name for it either, but that's what I call them!! My mom thinks I'm nuts because when I comb my hair I'm like look at the root balls!!! LOL.....:D

ms_kenesha

kisz4tj said:
BTW, Congrats JenJen

I've noticed long strands with the bulb on the end also, so does that mean it's shedding? I pulled at a few of the strands and they seemed strong I couldn't understand why they came out.
So does long hair strands and bulb = shedding
short hair = breakage?

[/ QUOTE ]

With breakage the strands can be long or short, but they have no root balls (hair bulbs) on them. Shedding always has the root balls!!! If your hair has root balls then it's just shedding and that's normal.

ms_kenesha

OneShinyface said:
Congrats Ms. Kenesha!!
Did you do both treatments on the same day or is the EMR moisture only? I think I'm going to have to cave and buy some Elucence products.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did both treatments on the same day and did a follow up treatment with just the Elucence EMRT the next week. I was like I will NOT have any more breakage!!

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
JenJen, Mindymouse, to answer both of your questions about "root balls", the technical term is the papilla bulb. When your hair sheds, the whole hair strand including the papilla, comes out when you comb your hair. If that happens, then it's normal shedding. If you see short hairs without the papilla bulb, then it's a sign that your hair is damaged. But I think it's interesting to see the long hair and the bulb in the comb. You may think I must be doing something right for a change. Call me
, but I think my hair feels real good!