No curl definition.....

curlyninjagirl

I've used 3 natural shampoos and they were all more drying than my pantene clarifying shampoo. Natural shampoos are incredibly stripping. From what I know about dry hair, it can become matted and matted hair definitely lacks curl definition. Just a theory.

lilikoi

I notice your avatar is blonde. Do you color your hair? That could also be affecting your curl pattern.

ActionActress

I noticed no curl defintion when I started using the kinky kurly shampoo and the other day I used Dr. Bonners and it was even worse:( Really the only time I would get ouf of the shower and see my little curls was when I was using Creme of Nature detangling shampoo. I stopped cause I want all my products to be natural but my hair is not reacting well to it at all. The UBH is a light protein but I always follow it up with Humectress so I don't get it. I am still lost but I think I may have to go back to what worked before even if it is not natural.

The one thing that could help is Amla powder. People use it to help their curls pop.

AA

davisbr88

I agree with Elle.
I posted a similar thread after I took out my mini-twists a few months ago. I still had plenty of curl definition but my hair was noticeably looser and I was wondering what happened. After a couple of shampoos (maybe 3), my hair was back to normal. Maybe being stretched constantly that long produces that result. Not sure why.
I also agree that amla makes curls pop. My hair is always the curliest and most defined after an amla treatment.