No heat and cold weather?

Kimberly

How do ya'll deal? I'm not from the north so this 32 degrees when I get up in the morning is KILLING me. I'm used to CWing 3 evenings a week but my hair is usually still damp in the morning. How are all of ya'll not walking around with pneumonia? Is it okay to go back to heat when it's cold out? But I wouldn't want to use it 3 or 4 times a week. I shampooed my hair last night and that was the first time since last Sunday because of the cold.

Please advise. What do ya'll do?

sareca

I still wash once and co-wash once per week. Each time I do a rollerset instead of just bunning it. I can't have wet hair during the winter. It makes me miserable.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I sleep with a space heater on. Speeds the drying time up and keeps my whole body warm.

Kimberly

sareca said:
I still wash once and co-wash once per week. Each time I do a rollerset instead of just bunning it. I can't have wet hair during the winter. It makes me miserable.

Okay. I don't know how to rollerset...:ohwell: I had said that I was going to tech myself but I'm starting to feel like the grasshopper who hasn't prepared for the winter :look:

Good idea, though.:)

goldensensation

I dont know. I'm from the northeast, but I am further north this year and it is already super cold. I was thinking of getting a dryer and doing rollersets because my hair is never 100% dry. The best that I can get it is maybe 90.

sareca

Kimberly said:
Okay. I don't know how to rollerset...:ohwell: I had said that I was going to tech myself but I'm starting to feel like the grasshopper who hasn't prepared for the winter :look:

Good idea, though.:)

I had never done a rollerset before LHCF. Just takes a little practice.

I usually do it at night. I sit under the dryer until they are almost dry then switch out the magnetic rollers for more comfortable ones and go to bed. In the morning the curls are springy and it's completely dry w/o spending 1.5 hours under dryer.

Kimberly

B_Phlyy said:
I sleep with a space heater on. Speeds the drying time up and keeps my whole body warm.

I just bought one of those yesterday...my bunned hair was not completely dry this morning. :ohwell:

Kimberly

goldensensation said:
I dont know. I'm from the northeast, but I am further north this year and it is already super cold. I was thinking of getting a dryer and doing rollersets because my hair is never 100% dry. The best that I can get it is maybe 90.

Mine doesn't seem to ever get 100%, either (without blowdrying) and when I squeeze my bun, it feels damp and, when I take it down, the inside is almost always still damp.

Cichelle

I cowash daily and airdry right through the winter. I can't even tell you how I manage it, because I HATE the cold and being cold. It literally makes me cranky. But for some reason wet hair does not bother me. :look: Maybe I'm just used to it.

nomoweavesfome

I can't do the cold myself. I will be braiding up and doing falls. I love co-washing too but I can't do it with the cold.

Kimberly

Cichelle said:
I cowash daily and airdry right through the winter. I can't even tell you how I manage it, because I HATE the cold and being cold. It literally makes me cranky. But for some reason wet hair does not bother me. :look: Maybe I'm just used to it.

It makes me cranky, too. Maybe you are used to it because I just can't imagine.

Tee

Kimberly said:
What's a snood?

I love my snood. It's kinda like a hair net your wear over the back part of your head. I have a picture of mine in my fotki.

There is a link around here that shows them aslo.