Preparing your hair for cooler/cold weather

kaytorry

Cooler weather is right around the corner for some of us ladies, how do you prepare your hair for the cold? I'm still a newbie, so I am wondering...
Do you change your regimen? If so, what do you do, and how do you do it?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I tend to use heavier Oils, Butters, Creams, Lotions and Pomades. I also PS in a Wig (which makes the best Winter Hat) over a Men's Durag Double Tied.

I also use heavier conditioners for Cowashing. i.e. Oyin Honey Hemp, Claudie DC'er, etc..... And will baggy for several hours in the evenings.

darlingdiva

The only changes I make for the cooler/cold weather is that I don't exclusively style with pomades. I also twist with water-based hair creams during the cooler months.

tiffjust2002

The only thing I do differently is use butters to seal instead of oils and I wear more protective styles than my twist outs or wash n gos. But then I again I mainly PS anyway lol

AwesomelyNappy

it really doesn't get cold where i'm at, but i do plan on wearing more buns and protective styles instead of my "out" styles in the next few months. Also, i'm taking a break from heat and increasing my moisture.

Girl626

Great question OP! This will be my 1st winter on the east coast in years, and I'm wondering the same thing. Are braids good to wear in the cold as a PS?