No pooing: Are castille soaps and black soap considered no pooing

Are natural soaps (castille/black) considered No poo?

• Total voters
There are many methods of cleansing hair w/o SLS:
Baking soda/ ACV washes
Salt/sugar scrubs for the scalp
Ayurvedic powders (Shikaki/amla correct me if I'm wrong)
Co-washing
water-rinsing
So are natural soaps like Dr. Bonners and Black soap considered no-poo..
And other shampoos like Elucence or Burt's Bees - which contain no SLS - considered no-poo as well ....

Lavendar

When you think about it, this is a tough question. But I definitely think Elucence and poos w/o SLS are not no-poo, and neither is castile soap. These still have layering agents so I consider them shampoo. But with ayurvedic powders it gets tricky because supposedly aritha lathers mildly, although I haven't used it myself. ACV, baking soda, scrubs, and the other ayur powders I would consider part of a no-poo regimen. I'd be interested to see what other opinions there are.

When you think about it, this is a tough question. But I definitely think Elucence and poos w/o SLS are not no-poo, and neither is castile soap. These still have layering agents so I consider them shampoo. But with ayurvedic powders it gets tricky because supposedly aritha lathers mildly, although I haven't used it myself. ACV, baking soda, scrubs, and the other ayur powders I would consider part of a no-poo regimen. I'd be interested to see what other opinions there are.

Interesting opinion, lathering = poo, I was wondering if it was lather or synthetics that determines poo.....

nappity

If the product is a surfactant- in that it creates a cleansing effect by creating a lather- then its not a no-poo.If it says soap- its not a poo- in order to not qualify it has to have a ph level less than 3. Soap and soapy products are considered poos