No Thank you-I don't recall asking for your advice

Sheeessh I am just trying to be helpful, ungrateful wenches! I am mixed you know with Espanol and Injun, so obviously I know what I am talking about. I mean look at me. I go that good hair and now that I have a mullet all you haterz can't tell me nuffin':look:

Sheeessh I am just trying to be helpful, ungrateful wenches! I am mixed you know with Espanol and Injun, so obviously I know what I am talking about. I mean look at me. I go that good hair and now that I have a mullet all you haterz can't tell me nuffin':look:
:lachen::lachen:

Kayex you so brave to have urself mistaken for this.......individual for the sake of laughs:ohwell::perplexed:lachen:

image.php

Girl that pic is offensive to my eyes..it should be against the law.

We need Hair Cops out there in the world patrolling the streets and writing up tickets. Unless she is ill or has some kind of sickness or bad meds..there is NO Excuse for that...none.

Oh, so you're the member with that pic in your siggy! :lachen: I knew I saw that pic somewhere before. Yeah...that ish is going to give me nightmares! :nono: In fact *** that - I'm going to DC my hair when I get home! That got my scalp feeling all bone dry and stuff :wallbash:

Doesn't it piss you off when people whose hair looks like this give you advice in real life?
image.php

Telling you to relax your hair more often, talking about how blacks don't need to wash their hair frequently or how you're using white products and should stick to black products.

SO freaking offensive I tell you. I just stare at their hair like this :perplexed and don't respond. Puhlease.

LMAO:lachen: OOOhhh, Let me tell you... If someone with hair like that stepped up to me in a vigilante effort to advise me, I'd make sure that they understood how unhealthy and aesthetically displeasing their hair looked before the conversation was over!

Every time I see your siggy I laugh and shake my head coz I know my lil sis is well on her way to having hair like that.

:lachen::lachen: Injun, don't forget part creole too.

I get it from my cousins all the time. How many times do you wash your hair, you need a relaxer, blah, blah. I am waiting for my hair to get to at least BSL for me start taking some heads off: "Like, ahem, if perming your hair every month is so great, why do you still have two inches of hair?"

Most people, period, feel inclined to comment on things which they personally have no business doing, self-included. I just try to catch myself... but I just smile and nod unless the person is rude.

People used to tell me that my hair was gonna fall out because "you need a perm," and because "you're using too much heat," and because "you need to wrap your hair," and I can't forget "you need to go to a salon and see a professional." :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Now after I kept doing my thing, they tell me that my hair is waistlength "because you are light skinned. Those are your white genes coming through.":rolleyes:

Oh I forgot- folks said I would OD on vitamins too.:lachen:I only took a multi, a hair/skin/nail, and an Omega 3 regularly (I take a b-complex when I am stressed or premenstrual, but it's water soluble, so it comes out in your urine if your body doesn't need it).:look:

i wouldn't even pretend to take that advice. to me that would make them feel like its valid, and they'd go spreadin that ignorance to other black women. if they had hair like that, i'd be nice/nasty with it and ask "Will your advice make my hair look like yours?" and once they start grinnin and nodding i'd say "Well i'm gonna have to pass then.". it is what it is.

Um, I'm pretty sure that is a member's siggy pic! And it doesn't look "bad" to my eyes...

giiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrlllllllllll! :lachen: i know sometimes we wanna keep it positive, but you just reachin. :lol: you should take a closer look. head looks like an early case of mange. so sad. :nono:

image.php

Girl that pic is offensive to my eyes..it should be against the law.

We need Hair Cops out there in the world patrolling the streets and writing up tickets. Unless she is ill or has some kind of sickness or bad meds..there is NO Excuse for that...none.

I'd say being a crackhead qualifies as illness and bad meds! :lachen::lachen:

I had a woman I worked with back in the day tell me I thought I was white because I wet my hair every day. I was MBL at the time and her hair was eye length with a long, synthetic looking Shirley Temple curl ponytail in the middle of her hair. I told her, "Maybe if you hair was healthier, thicker and longer than mine I would take your advice. Your hair is none of those things." She never "offered" me advice again.

i really feel like her hair is that way because of an illness.... i've seen two or three older people with bsl thick hair but their hair is coming out in the back and the sides because they just started chemotherapy and are on meds (i interned in a hospital for a year....)

on another note i think its kind of mean to be so rude to someone who was trying to give you advice. if they weren't acting "stank" thinking they know better than you and really just trying to give you good-hearted advice... well no one said you had to accept it...

sorry i had to vent because i just started my HHJ back in june/july and i feel like i've learned soooooooo much from this board. however one day i was in the beauty supply and i saw a black older female asking another girl (that she didnt know) about if she had ever tried this particular grease. i was standing right next to her as well and i decided to tell her what i learned about grease from this board. just fyi my hair is maybe 2" past shoulder length healthy BUT thin (but keep in mind i just started my HHJ). this lady had the nerve to size my hair up and give me the stankest face i've ever seen. she turned around and took the grease to the checkout.

so yea... you never know... maybe they too just started a HHJ (or have an illness...etc). if you know that they are wrong then maybe you should then let them know what you know about healthy hair practices.... just a thought

i really feel like her hair is that way because of an illness.... i've seen two or three older people with bsl thick hair but their hair is coming out in the back and the sides because they just started chemotherapy and are on meds (i interned in a hospital for a year....)

on another note i think its kind of mean to be so rude to someone who was trying to give you advice. if they weren't acting "stank" thinking they know better than you and really just trying to give you good-hearted advice... well no one said you had to accept it...

sorry i had to vent because i just started my HHJ back in june/july and i feel like i've learned soooooooo much from this board. however one day i was in the beauty supply and i saw a black older female asking another girl (that she didnt know) about if she had ever tried this particular grease. i was standing right next to her as well and i decided to tell her what i learned about grease from this board. just fyi my hair is maybe 2" past shoulder length healthy BUT thin (but keep in mind i just started my HHJ). this lady had the nerve to size my hair up and give me the stankest face i've ever seen. she turned around and took the grease to the checkout.

so yea... you never know... maybe they too just started a HHJ (or have an illness...etc). if you know that they are wrong then maybe you should then let them know what you know about healthy hair practices.... just a thought

That's not funny, but :lachen::lachen:. The visual tickles me a little.

I learned a long time ago not to try and give advice. Only is someone asks me will I offer it - because it doesn't matter how long your hair is. Everyone has their own ideas about hair and products, and you can't change that deeply rooted mindset unless they are searching for answers.

You can't TELL people that greasing your scalp and clipping your ends is not necessary for hair growth. They believe that like they believe in their religion - it's engrained.

I recently lost 40 lbs, and two of the biggest women in our office (100+ overweight) decided to tell me that what I was doing was too extreme then they started giving me advice "When I lose weight, I do XYZ...I don't do like you."

I just look and smile. Didn't say a word. It's just how people are.

There's a difference between someone with hair not up to par giving a good advice versus someone with really bad hair giving really bad advice.

Relaxing my hair every 4 weeks or washing it once a month is not good hair practice at all. I keep my mouth shut unless someone specifically asks me for advice.

Doesn't it piss you off when people whose hair looks like this give you advice in real life?
image.php

Telling you to relax your hair more often, talking about how blacks don't need to wash their hair frequently or how you're using white products and should stick to black products.

SO freaking offensive I tell you. I just stare at their hair like this :perplexed and don't respond. Puhlease.

I hear what you are saying and agree but some women loss their hair from medicine and/or dieases they may have. If a person advise is sound and given in the right spirit it can be useful but because some women loss their hair for so many reasons now adays I could not say this would be only factor I would use in their advise. As others have stated you have to make finial decision and when take advise from others you twick to meet your needs or completely throw it out.

Back