Not feeling too joyous about my hair!!!

chnkybrwneyes

I'm concerned how being natural with NO heat or little heat is going to work for me. I haven't had a relaxer in almost 2 years but I've been pressing my hair. I'm noticing my hair is getting TOO much heat so i decided to lessen the amount. So I have to transition again. :sad: My hair is 4a type, very thick with out heat. I deep conditioned this week with ORS Olive Oil added castor oil, used aphogee protein/heat treatment and a sea buckthorn leave-in. My hair still looks dry and i dont care for the texture. I got frustrated so I put braids in this week, im keeping it braided til Jan.

Any suggestions for keeping my hiar moisturized in braides. And also I want to stay natural and keep taking care of my hair. Any suggestions for once I take the braids out?

remnant

Hi Lady
did you DC after aphogee treatment beacause it is very important?
You have to :
  • Moisturizing/sealing hair everyday
  • Co washing once a week
  • Deep conditionning once a week
  • Baggy head
    [*]MULTIVITAMINS
    [*]DRINK a lot of water
    [*]EAT healthy

• [*]Use a very rich moisturising moisturiser, here is mine:
My homemade moisturizer mix is:

Spring water and aloevera gel (150+150 ml )
+
oils(almond,avocado,olive,castor) 2 teaspoons for each oil
+
glycerin(60ml)
+
Le KaiR cholesterol (8 teaspoons)
+
Essential oil(ylang ylang or rosemary or lavender)
30 drops

and i seal it with my oil mix

Last edited:

Evolving78

I use Qhemet Biologics products, like the heavy cream and hydrating balm. I also use BB moisturize. I cowash daily with Suave Naturals and shampoo with CON (green) and deep condition with Con. I clarify once a month. You sound like you have more hair then me, but I wear wash and gos, puffs with headbands and twists. I think the braid thing for you is a good idea. This way you don't have to deal with the two textures. I just Bc'd and didn't go through transitioning. I didn't want to go through all of that and just wanted to get to my real texture right away, so I could learn how to deal with my natural texture. For the braids, I would look up some ideas on how to make a moisturizing light spray mix that you could use and look up washing methods, so you won't damage your hair and it can stay clean and moist. Don't use leave products that have a lot of protein in them.

chnkybrwneyes

Hi Lady
did you DC after aphogee treatment beacause it is very important?
You have to :
  • Moisturizing/sealing hair everyday
  • Co washing once a week
  • Deep conditionning once a week
  • Baggy head
    [*]MULTIVITAMINS
    [*]DRINK a lot of water
    [*]EAT healthy

• [*]Use a very rich moisturising moisturiser, here is mine:
My homemade moisturizer mix is:

Spring water and aloevera gel (150+150 ml )
+
oils(almond,avocado,olive,castor) 2 teaspoons for each oil
+
glycerin(60ml)
+
Le KaiR cholesterol (8 teaspoons)
+
Essential oil(ylang ylang or rosemary or lavender)
30 drops

and i seal it with my oil mix

The aphogee I used was a leave-in, I DC'd before I used the leave in.

chnkybrwneyes

I use Qhemet Biologics products, like the heavy cream and hydrating balm. I also use BB moisturize. I cowash daily with Suave Naturals and shampoo with CON (green) and deep condition with Con. I clarify once a month. You sound like you have more hair then me, but I wear wash and gos, puffs with headbands and twists. I think the braid thing for you is a good idea. This way you don't have to deal with the two textures. I just Bc'd and didn't go through transitioning. I didn't want to go through all of that and just wanted to get to my real texture right away, so I could learn how to deal with my natural texture. For the braids, I would look up some ideas on how to make a moisturizing light spray mix that you could use and look up washing methods, so you won't damage your hair and it can stay clean and moist. Don't use leave products that have a lot of protein in them.

Can I have your pw plz?..

Snuckles

I can honestly say that after trying Qhemet Biologics products I don't feel the need to blow my hair dry after washing. Qhemet products are the bomb for natural hair especially for 4 hair types. She has a sampler pack you can purchase www.qhemetbiologics.com

Good luck on finding what works for you.

lovelymissyoli

I don't think using all those products is necessary for natural hair. To be honest, when I first chopped all I used was water and conditioner to twist my hair. All of my styles were done with little to no product. During my 2nd year of being natural, I went completely product-less. However, not everything works for everyone.

There are so many styles you can do, and you're probably frustrated with your hair because like you said, you've been using constant heat, and because of that, I would say that your hair is probably damaged from the heat.

Have you tried two-strand twists, box braids, flat-twists, or various twisted buns? If you want to allow your natural hair to grow you're going to have to leave the heat alone and work with what you have.

Check out my natural album for style tips/suggestions: http://public.fotki.com/daydreaminyoli/natural_journey/