Not in a rush to relax?

likewtr4chklit

Well....I'm about to be 20 weeks post and I'm still in no rush to get a perm. I'm not even tempted. I wear my hair in a bun most of the time, but even with my twist outs and occasional rollersets, I'm not really interested in relaxing. Technically I'm still stretching, but I wonder how many of you stretchers aren't really in a rush to relax or how many naturals started out stretching and just didn't look back?

I think if I went natural I would want it to be after a long relaxer stretch and I really wasn't thinking about going natural, but I just had so much NG that I may as well :yep:.

I'm not in a rush, i'm only 13 weeks in, I plan to stretch til it gets warm again, then i'll relax, can't deal with all this hair in the heat.

I'm currently 9 weeks post, and last stretch around this stage I was ready to relax and BEYOND needing a relaxer. This time, maybe its because I don't have as much new growth but I'm not really in a rush to relax. I think when my MT gets here I'll feel different though.

I'm 11 weeks post as of today and I was only supposed to go to 10 weeks. I decided last week that I'd see how far I can go. AVC/aloe vera juice rinses have really helped me with the itches, so I'm in no rush to relax. Like OP, I'm bunning it mostly. I'd love to make it to 20 weeks!

I never planned on going natural. I was just on a long stretch like always and one day I got the bright idea to go natural.

I'm pushing 20 weeks post and I have NO idea if and when I am going to relax again especially after discovering the ponytail rollerset lol

I've always contemplated going natural! The naturals I like....we don't have the same hair texture so my hair wouldn't look like theirs. Well at least that's what I've assumed!

I'm currently 23 weeks post and not in a rush anytime soon. I think I'm gonna let this be a rescue, recovery type interval until maybe the end of the year and who knows I might stretch until spring.

i'm in no rush at all. last go-round, i relaxed at 7 weeks (i know, big nono!) because i was blow drying; wearing my hair straight all the time, and couldn't deal with the two textures. now that i'm constantly wearing my hair in curly styles, and cowashing daily, the weeks are just flying by. the longest i've ever stretched in my life is 11 weeks, and i have a distinct feeling that i'll be able to breeze through that, no problem. (i'm on the 8th week now) :grin:

Well....I'm about to be 20 weeks post and I'm still in no rush to get a perm. I'm not even tempted. I wear my hair in a bun most of the time, but even with my twist outs and occasional rollersets, I'm not really interested in relaxing. Technically I'm still stretching, but I wonder how many of you stretchers aren't really in a rush to relax or how many naturals started out stretching and just didn't look back?

Yay, you sound like me, lol. I'm 20 (and a half :lol: ) weeks post-relaxer and I'm definitely not in a rush to get a touch-up. My hair is pretty easy to take care of, getting thicker, and I'm getting a lot of compliments on my styles so I don't feel a need to relax right now. I feel like I could go a whole year without relaxing.

I'll be minding my own business, stretching without a care in the world, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, and then one day its like BAM - I want a relaxer. Not this go round though - I'm eight weeks post and my ng is not being too friendly.

I had been planning to relax at 10 weeks because my hair was breaking alot. But I seemed to have found what works for me. My hair is behaving, my breaking has mostly stopped and my new growth is very manageable. I'm heading into 13 weeks post. I think I'll keep stretching and see what happens. Wish me luck !!!

I joined a "6 month stretch" challenge, and by the 4th or 5th month, I knew I would never relax again.:yep:

I just texlaxed after being 12 weeks post, and I could have waited longer, but I wanted to see my progress. I will stretch for longer periods in 2009, though, but I won't be transitioning to natural...I enjoy my length too much.:grin:

I just texlaxed after being 12 weeks post, and I could have waited longer, but I wanted to see my progress. I will stretch for longer periods in 2009, though, but I won't be transitioning to natural...I enjoy my length too much.:grin:

this is what happens to me... i stretch but then i want to seee my length. since i got my roots blown out though it looks relaxer fresh and i'm thinking about stretching for even longer and learning to flatiron my hair so that it looks just like this.

I am now into my 10th week of stretching and made a promise to myself that I will stretch however long it takes to rid myself of this relaxer. I do hate having nappy edges and straight ends but that comes with the territory. My last stretch was 20 weeks which I should have stayed with.

Oh well I just have to have the determination not to get tempted. Which luckily I can say I am not. I know it will be difficult for me but at the same time I am excited.

I just have to keep praying that I will not give in. I just want to be a nappy natural again so badly!

Please ladies wish me luck on this long journey I am facing.:wallbash:

I don't know how you ladies are doing it. I had my last relaxer on October 12 and I already have a TON of new growth. I would like to get my next one on my birthday, December 5. It would be great if I could wait until Christmas. I don't think I can make it! How in the world do you soften the new growth?

I don't know how you ladies are doing it. I had my last relaxer on October 12 and I already have a TON of new growth. I would like to get my next one on my birthday, December 5. It would be great if I could wait until Christmas. I don't think I can make it! How in the world do you soften the new growth?

Co-washes and deep conditioning is working for me. I love the way my new growth feels.

I'm in my 14th week. I want to relax in the new year:) After that, I will try to make it so that I'm only getting them 3 times a year instead of 4 (I tend to relax with each changing season).

I am at a crossroads with my hair. I kinda want to transition since I mostly wear buns and braidouts. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I am mid back and I don't want to start over. So right now I am just leaving it alone.

Thats what happened with me. I had NO idea what I was gonna do to my hair. I had just suffered ANOTHER traumatizing relaxer (burns galore) and I just did not want to face anymore creamy crack or salon for a WHILE. So I just let my hair grow..I was 5 months post when I found LHCF and after 2 months of stalking this site and reading about you ladies' BC storys I just BC-ed 7 months post. Now I kinda wish that I had transitioned :blush:.. Loll... cause My hair would be pretty long right now but eh.. I love my natural locks. It happened so randomly.. good times good times. :yep:

i agree, definitely try frequent cowashes with moisturizing conditioners! with your hair always in a moisturized state, your new growth will be nice and soft, plus the scalp manipulation during the washing process can help increase your growth. :yep: i cowash daily, and my new growth is like butter.

Back