Now Therefore --- 'Give Me This Mountain'

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
You're gonna love this...

There were some things (issues) that I was avoiding to encounter; in many ways I was 'running' from them. There were some issues that I dreaded having to deal with because it involved too much contention with a family member.

In life, we all have something or someone that we dread having to confront; having to deal with. It's just there... it's in the way. It's huge, it's...................

It's like a mountain! A mountain which seems too high in mass, too steep to climb, and too high in altitude to encounter.

There was a man of God named Caleb. Caleb too, had a mountain. But instead of dreading it, he stood firm and prayed unto the Lord these very words...

"Now therefore, give me this mountain!"

Instead of avoiding it, Caleb chose to 'own' it. Caleb chose to be the boss over the situation; he chose to own the 'mountain' and in turn by owning it, he would subdue it.

When you really think about it, the only thing a mountain does is just 'stand there' and nothing else. It doesn't have legs to chase you; neither does a mountain have arms to take a swing at you. It cannot hold a weapon, neither can it take a weapon from you. It's 'Just There'. It is literally just there, waiting to be 'owned'... by you.

God is showing us something. We can 'own' the situation, meaning that we can be the one in control, and not the situation be in control of us. Jesus even said that with the power of our faith, with our words we can 'move a mountain' from 'here to thence'. And I'm thinking that the distance of a 'thence' is pretty far to move something from out of my way. And to think, I can do this with just my words.... of faith. God's Word.

Going back to Caleb, God's word says that this man was of a 'different spirit'. Caleb did not carry the spirit of the world, he carried instead the spirit of the Lord... The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit which leads and guides into all truth and does so as our Comforter.

Caleb knew his prayer to the Lord, was his victory. With him were 10 other men, plus Joshua, whom were sent to spy out the new land which God had promised them. The 'other 10' men were frightened of what they saw; their faith was in themselves which failed them. Caleb's faith, like Joshua's was in the Lord who failed them not.

Instead of running in fear... Caleb chose to 'own' what God had promised them. And he did.

What has God promised you? What mountains have presented themselves as in your way? There's a prayer which will not fail;

"Now therefore give me this mountain,

whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fenced;

if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said."—

----- Joshua 14:12

When you 'own' the mountain, it moves where you tell it to, form 'there' to thence'. From this moment on, nothing can stand in your way. :Rose:

'Now therefore, give me this mountain..."

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Amen, again Shimmie, to this priceless Wod! God hasn't given us a spirit of Fear :naughty:

luthiengirlie

You're gonna love this...

There were some things (issues) that I was avoiding to encounter; in many ways I was 'running' from them. There were some issues that I dreaded having to deal with because it involved too much contention with a family member.

In life, we all have something or someone that we dread having to confront; having to deal with. It's just there... it's in the way. It's huge, it's...................

It's like a mountain! A mountain which seems too high in mass, too steep to climb, and too high in altitude to encounter.

There was a man of God named Caleb. Caleb too, had a mountain. But instead of dreading it, he stood firm and prayed unto the Lord these very words...

"Now therefore, give me this mountain!"

Instead of avoiding it, Caleb chose to 'own' it. Caleb chose to be the boss over the situation; he chose to own the 'mountain' and in turn by owning it, he would subdue it.

When you really think about it, the only thing a mountain does is just 'stand there' and nothing else. It doesn't have legs to chase you; neither does a mountain have arms to take a swing at you. It cannot hold a weapon, neither can it take a weapon from you. It's 'Just There'. It is literally just there, waiting to be 'owned'... by you.

God is showing us something. We can 'own' the situation, meaning that we can be the one in control, and not the situation be in control of us. Jesus even said that with the power of our faith, with our words we can 'move a mountain' from 'here to thence'. And I'm thinking that the distance of a 'thence' is pretty far to move something from out of my way. And to think, I can do this with just my words.... of faith. God's Word.

Going back to Caleb, God's word says that this man was of a 'different spirit'. Caleb did not carry the spirit of the world, he carried instead the spirit of the Lord... The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit which leads and guides into all truth and does so as our Comforter.

Caleb knew his prayer to the Lord, was his victory. With him were 10 other men, plus Joshua, whom were sent to spy out the new land which God had promised them. The 'other 10' men were frightened of what they saw; their faith was in themselves which failed them. Caleb's faith, like Joshua's was in the Lord who failed them not.

Instead of running in fear... Caleb chose to 'own' what God had promised them. And he did.

What has God promised you? What mountains have presented themselves as in your way? There's a prayer which will not fail;

"Now therefore give me this mountain,

whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fenced;

if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said."—

----- Joshua 14:12

When you 'own' the mountain, it moves where you tell it to, form 'there' to thence'. From this moment on, nothing can stand in your way. :Rose:

'Now therefore, give me this mountain..."
why does YHWH minister to me the most when I'm angry lol

Vonnieluvs08

What if I'm the thing standing in the way?

I've been feeling that I'm the mountain in way of progress. I have issues that I haven't turned over to the Lord completely. Many rooms in my heart that I keep locked from the Lord. Still in the process of submission and surrender. Dying to myself daily.

Guitarhero

God is showing us something. We can 'own' the situation, meaning that we can be the one in control, and not the situation be in control of us. Jesus even said that with the power of our faith, with our words we can 'move a mountain' from 'here to thence'. ....................

Even in great silence and resolve to just be in the moment....:yep: Absolutely. It might take a while, but if He said so, then it will come to pass. This time, I don't have those signs and wonders but I do have this resolve and quiet place. :bighug: Thank you.

Shimmie

Staff member
:bighug: For each of you...

Mountains can be 'compressed' purse-sized.... :yep: :yep: :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
"Mountain", I can move you anywhere I please...

For God has given me the power to such as that with only the faith of a mustard seed...uncrushable.

BeautifulFlower

Shimmmmiiieeee,

I am facing a mountain. This word is so for me because I know I do not have the power to overcome it with my power. When you rely on yourself, it so easy to get discouraged and boy had I been discourage. But God...

I has the ability to handle even the seemingly complex situations with ease and I have faith in that. My prayer is specific. Very specific but its my desire and cant nobody take that from me. But I also know because its so specific and I can not get it on my own, I must wait on the Lord for his answer or intervention. I am excited to see how God is going to change this situation on my behalf.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmmmiiieeee,

I am facing a mountain. This word is so for me because I know I do not have the power to overcome it with my power. When you rely on yourself, it so easy to get discouraged and boy had I been discourage. But God...

I has the ability to handle even the seemingly complex situations with ease and I have faith in that. My prayer is specific. Very specific but its my desire and cant nobody take that from me. But I also know because its so specific and I can not get it on my own, I must wait on the Lord for his answer or intervention. I am excited to see how God is going to change this situation on my behalf.

I'm so blessed that this has 'blessed' you. You have so much wisdon in the Lord; so it is with your faith in Him and your trust in His word. You are far more than a 'Pretty Face'... :yep: You have a heart for God. :Rose:

Whatever the mountain, we can use the properties of it for our benefit.

Such as:

If it's a volcano, we can use the ash and cooled lava for the fertile growth of rich vegetation, plants that produce life, health and beauty.

It may be a mountain which is filled with a 'Diamond Mine' ... after all, we are each 'Diamonds in the Rough'. Our treasures are within the mountains.

It may be a mountain covrred with cool, clean, clear mountain snow...snow that often provided protection for foods that perished; or the clear spring waters...to refresh our spirits which thirst.

Mountains have caves...remember how God placed Moses into the 'cleft' of the mountain (The Rock) and placed His hand over Moses to protect him from glory of God's purity which could have killed his flesh (the flesh which wars against God's order).

The more I think about it, the mountains are a blessing out of hiding; for we can see it big and bold right in front of us and as we 'speak' to it, we own it and all of it's properties within.

:pray:

Lord God in Heaven above and within my heart...

NOW Therefore... 'Give Me This Mountain'... :Rose:

BeautifulFlower

I'm so blessed that this has 'blessed' you. You have so much wisdon in the Lord; so it is with your faith in Him and your trust in His word. You are far more than a 'Pretty Face'... :yep: You have a heart for God. :Rose:

Whatever the mountain, we can use the properties of it for our benefit.

Such as:

If it's a volcano, we can use the ash and cooled lava for the fertile growth of rich vegetation, plants that produce life, health and beauty.

It may be a mountain which is filled with a 'Diamond Mine' ... after all, we are each 'Diamonds in the Rough'. Our treasures are within the mountains.

It may be a mountain covrred with cool, clean, clear mountain snow...snow that often provided protection for foods that perished; or the clear spring waters...to refresh our spirits which thirst.

Mountains have caves...remember how God placed Moses into the 'cleft' of the mountain (The Rock) and placed His hand over Moses to protect him from glory of God's purity which could have killed his flesh (the flesh which wars against God's order).

The more I think about it, the mountains are a blessing out of hiding; for we can see it big and bold right in front of us and as we 'speak' to it, we own it and all of it's properties within.

:pray:

Lord God in Heaven above and within my heart...

NOW Therefore... 'Give Me This Mountain'... :Rose:

I am humbled by your kind words.