NTM Serum vs. Other serums...

winterinatl

All natural!
What makes this one special, besides that it goes with the line?

I started this thread because I just bought the NTM line (ugh, 18.00) at Walmart but they didn't have the Serum. And here is Allandra telling me it's on sale at darn Giant! We don't have that here (shucks).

But I have an IC Fantasia straightening serum, have used Frizz ease (too expensive for the amount, IMO) and Zero Frizz (which I like). All make my hair soft and manageble when wet, as the silicones help detangle. Some serums have just a few diff. ingredients, but are billed as "frizz busters" and sometimes "heat protectors" (the IC fantasia one says that, it's pink with a blow dryer on the bottle) and "straightening".

So, before I hunt down the NTM, could you all tell me what makes it different? Would you please compare it to other serums? All of the above types apply for me.

Thank you!:)

I am so glad you asked this, because on the other thread about NTM prior to using it myself, I was asking if it's comparable to Biosilk Silk Therapy and if it can also be used as a heat protectant when flat ironing, etc. I haven't used many serums, but I have found that I like the NTM serum a lot better than BST. My hair just seems so much smoother and softer when I use it and it's not thick or greasy but I feel you can visibly tell it's effects. I haven't straightened my hair yet since using the NTM products, but I think that when I do I will probably have better results than I get with the BST. Hopefully this has helped some.

ETA: I love this stuff, it's a keeper and I would def. suggest it! :)

Well, I got the stuff, like I said. It better be good! I don't often have great results when I step away from my tried and trues...

I am going to test the line (shampoo, daily conditioner, then leave in stuff) tomorrow and use the IC Fantasia. Sometimes I think you get better deals on products just by comparing ingredients/price/amount, with the silicones I think they are all mostly the same, but I'm not sure. I wonder if it's not time to bring up the discussion of 'cones again? I'll search first...

Cincysweetie said:
but I have found that I like the NTM serum a lot better than BST. My hair just seems so much smoother and softer when I use it and it's not thick or greasy but I feel you can visibly tell it's effects.

ETA: I love this stuff, it's a keeper and I would def. suggest it! :)
You've said it girl. It feels much better than any other serum I've used.

winterinatl said:
Well, I got the stuff, like I said. It better be good!
If it's not good for your hair, get your receipt and take that stuff back girl. I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart will take it back with a receipt. Some here like it, and some here don't like it. Try it out and see if you like it.

NTMS is less thick than other serums so it's not sticky. It's also not greasy and doesn't clump your hair together when you apply it.

winterinatl said:
Well, I got the stuff, like I said. It better be good! I don't often have great results when I step away from my tried and trues...

I am going to test the line (shampoo, daily conditioner, then leave in stuff) tomorrow and use the IC Fantasia. Sometimes I think you get better deals on products just by comparing ingredients/price/amount, with the silicones I think they are all mostly the same, but I'm not sure. I wonder if it's not time to bring up the discussion of 'cones again? I'll search first...

Hi, please don't get mad.....I'm only responding because I really love this product (NTM) as do many other 4a/4b heads do on the board (and I can almost see a future "I hated this NTM product...I should've never bought it" thread coming.

But if you feel this way, don't you think it would be best that you stick to your tried and trues? If you know your hair doesn't respond well to non-tried and trues..why are you? Just trying to head you off at the pass before something bad happens with your hair.

Peace and blessings.

I have not flat iron with NTM because I always use Redken Heat Glide because I love the way the flat iron just glides thru my hair.
I save my Alfaparf serum for special occassions and I think the diffference with NTM is it more moisturizing and leave my hair more softer.

NTM Serum has oils in it and I think that's why I like it. It is my favorite serum along with Kerastase's Oleo Relax nutri-huile, a serum with oil in it that smells heavenly, and it's 1/5 of the price of Kerastase's, LOL!

tryn2growmyhair said:
NTM Serum has oils in it and I think that's why I like it. It is my favorite serum along with Kerastase's Oleo Relax nutri-huile, a serum with oil in it that smells heavenly, and it's 1/5 of the price of Kerastase's, LOL!
If that's the case, then maybe it's not best to use it before I flat iron?

Thanks for the feedback, ladies. And please never mind my pj-istic buyers remorse (It better be good!) . Strange things get written at 1am :lol: .

I don't mind trying new stuff, cause I've found great things buy trying new products (the serums, for example).

I saw one of you post that the NTM has other oils in it. I am thankful that you posted that, because it probably does mean more moisture. Right now, I feel I have to put the oil/moisturizers in my hair before the serum, in case the silicones block absorbtion (but I'm not sure that it does). So that could mean one less step for me...

Well, I'm sure I'll like it, I will wash today and dry my hair in ponytails. Thanks again!

tryn2growmyhair said:

That is so interesting! I used to literally walk an hour to the one beauty supply in South Beach that sold Oleo Relax because my hair couldn't live without it, but then about 6 months ago, my hair started HATING that serum. NTM serum did nothing for my hair except tangle it and dry it out. Now I'm wondering if my hair just doesn't like the oils that are in those particular serums. My hair pretty much rejects oils in all its forms, which sort of sucks.

I do enjoy the NTM mask for conditioning washes. Yummy!

OE

Back