Natural Ladies who live in High Humidity

Faithfullover

What do you use on your hair to keep it from reverting when you flat iron? I have been natural since last October and haven't worried with straightening my hair. Well I have a big event coming up and I want to straighten it out so everyone can see how much it has grown in the last year. Well I did a trial run yesterday and all seemed well until I stepped outside. I was a mixture between Cousin It and the red hairy monster on Bugs Bunny :wallbash:. This Florida humidity ain't no joke.

My question to all of you is what products do you use to combat the humidity? I tried the Fantasia Frizz Ease Straightening Creme - no luck. I also tried using Fantasia Heat Straightening Serum - no luck. They do fine as long as I don't go outside. I am not very familiar with other hair straightening serums or products that help repel humidity because I don't straighten my hair on a frequent basis. I have three weeks to get this thing right. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mya

sunnydaze

I live in Houston..probably the second most humid city in the US.

I've wondered this as well. My sister just cut my hair into an angled bob, so right now, the front of my hair is still 40-50% relaxed, but the back is about 80-90% natural.

I blew it out with some Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and then she flat ironed it with that Ion heat protector spray. That was last Thursday and my hair stayed straight (almost too straight) up until yesterday when I washed it. This is after me getting caught in the rain, showering everyday, etc.

Last edited:

lilsparkle825

SABINO MB.

idk if you have tried it but here in VA it is sooo humid. my flat ironed hair lasts a week with this stuff (maybe longer but i wash it out after not having water on my scalp for so long).