NuNaat Ultra Keratin Kit: I'm Blonde Now Cuz of It!

auparavant

Just dropping by to say I just finished my hair with the NuNaat Ultra Keratin Touch Kit and I'm blondish/Beyonce'ish. :look: The first pass with the iron was unbelievable and I was scared. I did a swatch on the other side near the ear and it was blondish too. So, I washed out most of the product rather than leaving it all in. I realize my straightness results will not be as smooth...but it's very close.

How did this happen? I followed the results (except for the timing) and the steps in order. Yeah, the timing. Well, I don't think that would make my hair turn blonde. What I believe happened was that the NuNaat left in too long shrank the dye molecules I had in my hair. Previously, I dyed it with box dye, then tried a blacker color on top of it. L'oreal Feria. Hated that cuz it was harsh and I took that out with Color Oops. My softness returned and hair was fine. BTW, Feria is heavy in metallic dyes. So I'm glad that's gone. But my hair turned a pretty bright auburn. I wanted auburn black.

Listening to stylists, I made the choice to get dye at Sally's which is better quality and safer. It worked well and covered those stupid hot roots. Then NuNaat happened and my hair turned blondish in the front. Well, I kinda like the results but I'm shocked. No pics...I don't have any of it and won't be sending in of my hairiasco...but I warn you to watch it if you dye your hair! Don't exceed the time.

auparavant

Reiterating:

"No pics...I don't have any of it and won't be sending in of my hairiasco...but I warn you to watch it if you dye your hair! Don't exceed the time."

Just be warned...but no pics.

Jaffa

I had a similar problem with the QOD - it lifted my hair colour several shades where it had previously been dyed. Apparently this was a known problem even though I coloured by hair prior to the BKT as advised. I have since found that colouring about 2 weeks after the process works best for my hair.

auparavant

Jaffa

Thanks. I was in fright last night but knew I'd have to iron it anyway so I chose the rinse-out method. Well, today, seems to have calmed down a bit and luckily, it's lighter in the top layers and darker in the back, ending up in a darker this

Plus, the NuNaat gets rather sticky in aplication even though it starts out as a clear, thin liquid. Others are creamier. I like the results but that scared the hoover out of me.Jaffa, how did your other treatments fair? Mine is 30 days treatment. I'm getting off the crack cuz it's too strong for my hair but I like sleek hair. Did you find that you had to use a darker dye?

Jaffa

This was the response from QOD regarding the colour lift

'QOD USA Cosmetic Brazilian Keratin Treatment recommends recoloring hair no sooner than 48 hours after treatment with QOD USA products. We have seen the phenomenon you describe wherein color is somewhat lifted from the hair during treatment with Brazilian Keratin products at a very low frequency. Recoloring the hair no sooner than 48 hours after keratin treatment should resolve this problem.'

So - in subsequent treatments (I'm currently on my 3rd) I coloured about 1-2 weeks after the treatment without any issues.

btw - I am natural and this may have a bearing on how well the colour holds to my hair as not sure how it would have been if my hair was chemically processed beforehand.

HTH

BlkMane

auparavant : What texture is your hair? How straight did the Nunaat get it? I used the Nunaat in March and it loosened up my new growth (I'm transitioning), but also seemed to make my hair sort of drier. After my next shampoo and condition, the dryness did go away.

However, it wasn't an amazing difference in texture though I left the product in overnight. The kit also lifted my colored hair about one shade.

I have heard horror stories about women using Organix's Keratin products and their hair turning orange.