NYers---DO you have a ...

daviine

...dermatologist worth recommending? My scalp has been sore lately and it is starting to scare me. I have other scalp issues as well that I have been putting off but it's time to see someone now... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Pumpkin

My dermatologist is Dr. S. Jamal. I don't have a card nearby. Her practice is at the NYU health center on Broadway bet. Astor Place and West 4th Street. She is really good and takes the time to listen. I highly recommend her. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daviine

Pumpkin---thanks a lot sweetheart. Listening is very important.

The last dermatologst I went to looked at my scalp for less than a minute and said--it looks like seb dem--and told me to use Nizoral or T-Sal shampoo. How did she even know if I knew what seb dem was? I was so pissed.

Thanks so much for the info...I hate playing lotto when choosing doctors.

JerseyGirl

Dr. Fran Cook-Bolden - Skin Center of Color - in Manhattan. I know that she moved but you can get her number from Yahoo or information. She has been on the Eyewitness News and has three articles in Essence (one of them on hair). She is great. Everyone that has gone to her for skin problems now has great skin. Give her a call. She takes all insurance. If you don't have insurance, you will be paying a hefty price. GOOD LUCK!

daviine

Thanks Jersey Girl. I got her information form my insurance company's website. I called but I had to leave a message so that they can call me back. Thanks babe. I really appreciate it.

daviine

LMFAO!!!!!!!! I went out and while I was gone, they called me back and left a voice message. The next available appointment for new patients is April 2nd!!!!

I think I'll make the appointment anyway just becasue and in the meantime look for another dermatologist!!!!!

Oh lord!!!!!!! Why me? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pumpkin

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Is it Sumayah Jamal on Lafayette Street?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! This is her! /images/graemlins/grin.gif