O.K., I got my braids.

butterfly7

My mom ended up doing my braids. We spent most of Friday and a little bit of Saturday. I am satisfied with them. A couple of them are a little larger, but not noticeable. I made sure she didn't braid too tight. Also, when she picked up the scissors to cut those fly away hairs peeking out of the braids, I didn't let her. Thanks for all the advice guys. Listen, when my mom was doing my hair she was amazed with it's difference. She couldn't believe how healthy it looks and she wanted to know, step-by-step what I am doing. Her hair is almost identical to mine so I wrote down what I have been doing and now she is going to be hair obsessed as well. Yippee!! I do have a question though. I have very dry skin and my scalp, therefore, is dry as well. I am really concerned about the moisture of my hair while it is braided. I got some braid spray (Black Thing-- Braid Aid; Has anyone heard of that?) and I like it, but I am concerned about too much on my scalp. Also, I am not trying to create build-up at the scalp/roots. So, I bought a little spray bottle and I am spraying my scalp like 3 times a day with water. (In addition to the braid spray in the morning and before bed) Am I trippin'?

butterfly, i'm glad your braids turned out so well. how long will you be keeping them in? if you're concerned about buildup, you can wash your hair. i washed mine once a week, or every other week depending on if my scalp was tripping. anyway, that's how i was able to keep them in for three months at a time with no buildup.

didn't it feel great to have your mom notice the transformation of your hair?
smile.gif

BUTTERFLY7 congrats on the healthy hair
smile.gif
i agree with what adrienne sed because i was washing my hair once a fortnight and wen i took my micros out on tuesday had practically no knots!! happy hair growing!!

Great! I was planning on washing it every 7 days so I'm glad to hear that will be O.K. Did you wash them with shampoo, conditioner or just water? I am planning to keep them in for 2 months (at least). And yes! It was wonderful to hear my mother keep going on and on about my hair. She is still talking about it. I got her some ultranourishair (gave her mine) and some Geritol (I switched to One-A-Day weight smart). She sends you guys her love.

Back