Oct 5 6 7 8 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Stuff I was supposed to do last weekend, LOL

I think I'm going to rinse my scalp with Cantu Beauty ACV Root Rinse, followed by leaving Soultanicals Follicular Rice tonic on my scalp for 20 minutes, rinse and add Xcel Revitalizer cream and Mane Krush Growth Elixer to my scalp.

Braid my crochet braids into 6 big braids, and dip in hot water to set.

Aggie

I need a henna treatment badly since my grays are coming in again. I am working Saturday so I may have to do that on Sunday or Monday since I'm off on those 2 days. Plus my birthday is Monday so a hair spa day is in order :gorgeous:

Will update on which products I will be using but for sure I will be including Olaplex. I use it after all coloring systems, even henna.

natural2008

Question-After you ladies wash and condition what type of leave in do you use before adding the heat protection spray before blow drying?

sunflora

Flowah Powah
My hair is just gonna be in a braid that's tucked into a bun for this weekend. I have no social life or plans, just school work and cleaning this hurricane of a house.

Sunday:
Exfoliate scalp (lord knows I need this). I'll use warm olive oil with the sugar scrub so that it covers my usual hot oil massage.
Shampoo: Shea Moisture JBCO
DC: Still not sure.
Leave in: Giovanni Direct
Oil: Literally anything I have lying around, ugh
Cream: Whipped Shea Butter

I'll braid it up in 4-6 sections and let that dry overnight, then bun for the week. Daily cowash season is usually over for me by now, so I'm trying to switch to the fall routine (only washing once a week, no cowashing in between) which I like because it's easier on my front perimeter, but my sweaty scalp is not having it.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
My hair is just gonna be in a braid that's tucked into a bun for this weekend. I have no social life or plans, just school work and cleaning this hurricane of a house.

Sunday:
Exfoliate scalp (lord knows I need this). I'll use warm olive oil with the sugar scrub so that it covers my usual hot oil massage.
Shampoo: Shea Moisture JBCO
DC: Still not sure.
Leave in: Giovanni Direct
Oil: Literally anything I have lying around, ugh
Cream: Whipped Shea Butter

I'll braid it up in 4-6 sections and let that dry overnight, then bun for the week. Daily cowash season is usually over for me by now, so I'm trying to switch to the fall routine (only washing once a week, no cowashing in between) which I like because it's easier on my front perimeter, but my sweaty scalp is not having it.

I'm finally seeing all of the brown patches from when I messed up my last dye job. Plus my dull brown roots are showing very clearly against the jet black. Really considering working a two-step indigo treatment into the weekend. I think I usually just do a glass with henna and indigo and that doesn't do much of anything, so maybe I'll give it a try just to get my hair all the same(ish) color. Hmm.

ETA: Henna is lumpy. Gosh darn. Next weekend, perhaps.

Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Impromptu wash day:
Cleanse: Redken Hair Cleansing Cream
Protein: Colorful Neutral Protein Filler + APB Keratin Protein Treatment w/heat
DC: Honey's Handmade Mango & Monoi DC w/heat
Leave-in: KindredButters Kindred leave-in
Seal: CRN Almond Jai Twisting Butter + Carol's Daughter Honey Hair Mimosa
Style: Airdry in twists for a low bun

ETA: Also did a rice water rinse and used SSI sugar peach as a rinse out/detangler. Only rinsed about 80% of it out.

Last edited:

Aggie

This morning I poured some of my herbal tea rinse on my scalp and hair while I showered.

My routine for tonight and tomorrow:

-I decided to detox my hair and scalp tonight withJMoniquesNaturals Dead Sea Mud Hair Mask overnight tonight.
-I will shampoo in the morning with Keracare Detangling Moisturizing Shampoo,
-Henna my hair

-Olaplex steps #1 through 5
-Deep Condition with a combination of Natur Growth Cayena Wood and Castor Argan mixed with a little NG Rose Clay DC for softness.

-Leave-in with SSI Cranberry Cream Hair Cocktail
-Heavy seal later with Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Moisturizer, Shea Butter and Grease
-Scalp massage with Follicle Care Bambu Scalp Drops and jbco.

discodumpling

It was a busy weekend so I got it in this morning after my workout!
Co wash: Natures Advantage Honey Almond
DC: Schwarzkopf Gliss...just for a few minutes un the shower
Leavein: KCKT
Gel: Eco Olive Oil
Under the dryer for 30 mins then blow dry till I'm walking out the door!
Enjoy and have a productive week LHCF!

Aggie

Just finished massaging some Bambu scalp drops and jbco on my scalp. Also heavy sealed with Lustrasilk Curl Max Moisturizer, Bekura Tonga Mousse, and BM Grease. My hair is very happy right now.