OCT and Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor...same product different bottle!!

fluffylocks

I was asking this in June about the Aphogee keratin and grean tea spray

Also the Aphogee leavein spray can be compared to "Surge"

"Thats what i was asking in the big thead! The main ingredients in the ovation that seems to make it work are hydrolized keratin, and castor oil and vit. e & b.....and these ingredients start in the middle of the product

Aphogee keratin spray has hydrolized keratin as a second ingredient without all the ingredeints before...it may have vit e &b...but if not the only thing its missing in comparison to ovation is castor oil, and vit. e &b which can easily be added and its like $5 at sallys vs. $20-and more and ordering online

This is what i posted....

"How concentrated is the Ovation?

Does anyone think the Aphogee keratin & Green Tea would increase hair growth?

Seems likethe only thing its missing is castor oil and possible vit e & b

Aphogee keratin: Water, Hydrolyzed Keratin,Hydrolyzed Silk (aminod acids), Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Extract (possibly vit. e & b), Glycine Alanine (amino acids), Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine( mild surfacant, cleansing proerties), Cetrimonium Chloride (anti-static), PVP( Various reasons), Citric Acid (presertative, ph adjuster), Fragrance, FD&C Red #40, D&C Green #5, FD&C Yellow #6

Ovation:Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride (Anti-static), Glyceryl Stearate (emulsifyer), Cetearyl Alcohol (emulsfyer), PEG-40 Castor Oil (Aphogee is missing) , Cetrimonium Chloride (anti-static), Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate (vit. e & b, aphogee may be missing)), DM DM Hydantoin (Preserative), Methlparaben (preserative) , Propylparaben (preserative) , Tetrasodium EDTA(water softner), Frangrance "

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=248931&page=3

PinkPebbles

FluffyLocks - I was told that Aphogee changed the ingredients in the Keratin Tea Spray:sad:.

The old version is a great protein strengthener but I would not put this on my scalp just the length of my hair.

grnidmonster

I have been wondering this about Straight Arrow Mane and Tail too. You know the old school yellow Mane and Tail that everyone used to use. I know it is protein heavy. OCT/ MT and Mane and Tail do not look alike but straigth Arrow has coloring. Southern Girl had great success with Straight Arrow...runs to go check the ingredients...

What if we find out they are all basically the same?:shocked:

Never mind. I checked Straight Arrow and keratin is so far down on the list of ingrediants, not to mention the WAX. Same concept thought, just weaker product.

Ultimately, I think they are all basically the same, just different strengths. They are all rebuilders-a form of protein to patch the shaft. I would consider using the aphogee but, not the straight arrow because of the wax.

fxdiva

I have no idea if anyone still reads this thread, but I've been using aphogee 2minute in the place of mega tek and dare I say, that I have actually had MORE growth this week than I usally do!? And my new growth is a lot softer and more moisturized, with less shedding than usual.

If anyone else has tried this, please let me know. I used aproximately .5 ounce of coconut oil, .5 ounce of aloe vera juice, 1 ounce of MN (family dollar brand) and 2 ounces of aphogee 2minute (normally this would be MT). I got a full 1/4 inch (even more where my hair grows faster) this week!!!!

FxDiva

Last edited:

SiobhanM

BUMP!!!

I was seriously considering this after I read the ingredients in my 2 minute reconstructor and saw mucopolysaccharides and a whole heap of protein!
Im just a poor college kid who really cant afford almost 30 bucks for MT or 60 for Ovation so Im very happy to try this.

I will be trying this in place of Mega-Tek and post results.

Sonye93

Are you guys applying this to your scalp or hair?
To me, it makes sense that'll work in place if MT or OCT because, if you look at those videos on YouTube with girls that followed the "ateya regimen" you can see that those girls got thicker and longer hair, which is essentially what MT and OCT do.

SiobhanM

I think im going to use it like i always do sort of like a conditioner for about 30-45 minutes applied to scalp and hair every 3 days or so, maybe longer. Followed by a moisturizing conditioner.

And since it is a protein and I dont want breakage I will dilute it with some oils and apply it to my scalp in a applicator bottle daily or every other day.

Yes the Ateeya's hair was thick in healthy. I attribute it to her kera care and Aphogee regimen. I do think it helped retain length. For the longest time my hair had no problem growing I just couldnt retain length until I tried the Aphogee line.

Im hoping this works :spinning: