OFFICIAL SL 2009 HAIR CHALLENGE.........

I hope so because I am a newbie and would love to join this challenge. My healthy hair journey just started 2 months ago, i need more time!!! I am currently NL, but i have a long neck so its gonna take me a little longer to reach sl, if that makes sense:grin::grin:
Congrats on graduation!!!:yep:

Thanks for the congrats. Don't worry about the length just stick to your regimen and it will happen. I started out at NL (1st pic) and hit SL in 4 months (2nd pic) and full SL in 7 months (3rd pic). I was transitioning during this time and taming a lot of new growth. I had the long neck blues too. :look:

Last edited:
I might be grazing it, but I honestly thougt I'd be farther along by now. June is right around the corner.

My right side is about as long as your hair in your siggy (mine may be a little shorter:ohwell:). I really need to buy another camera.:spinning:

Last edited:
Thanks for the congrats. Don't worry about the length just stick to your regimen and it will happen. I started out at NL (1st pic) and hit SL in 4 months (2nd pic) and full SL in 7 months (3rd pic). I was transitioning during this time and taming a lot of new growth. I had the long neck blues too. :look:

Great progress, Loulou!:clap::gorgeous:

Hi everyone here are some comparison pics....after 5-6 th month I reached SL April/May 2009 I hope to reach Full SL summer and APL by Dec 2009...

attachment.php

When you find a routine stick with it do not waver and the results will come with patience.....

Attachments

• comic-p.jpg
    comic-p.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 110
Hi everyone here are some comparison pics....after 5-6 th month I reached SL April/May 2009 I hope to reach Full SL summer and APL by Dec 2009...

When you find a routine stick with it do not waver and the results will come with patience.....

Congrats on your progress ladies!!

Update
I don't know if it is much progress as I have a scissor happy stylist....who I might not be returning to in the future......

here is December '08
122108-vi.jpg

Here is May '09
hairmay09-vi.jpg

Dh lost the charger to the camera so I'm not sure where I am and I'm dying to know especially since I lost 2 inches in March (scissor happy stylist) I will look for the charger again tonite

Well, NOW I am claiming SL. Thank you Ladies for your support and encouragement. In another month or so I should be full CBL and then I'll shoot for APL by December.

Attachments

• May09.jpg
    May09.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 5

loulou, you hair grew beautifully in 4 months! your definately an inspiration! Thanks!:grin:

The challenge ends this month so I look forward to seeing everyone's progress! :yay: I'll post at the end of the month.

I definitely think someone should start a new thread a new one for the second half of the year.

Well that time is coming soon and while i currently have a sew-in, I hope 2 keep it up for another 2 weeks and that will give me a full 2 months and that will be a first. I have been upset for quite a while since late march. My hair has been thoroughly natural since May 2008 and I had yet to see how long it had grown due to shrinkage. So I decided to go to my mother's beautician for a wash and straightening. Mind you I had jus taken out some micros the day before. When I got there she only washed 2x and I could feel my hair was still dirty. By the time I sat in the chair and she took out that blow dryer I became so nervous. She jus started blowdrying and didn't even detangle prior to. I could feel my hair ripping apart in the back but I still had yet to master how to style my short natural hair so I stayed put. She then used a marcel iron to straighten my hair and began adding the tracks and using the marcel iron again to blend everything. The style came out nice but I knew I was going pay eventually. About 1 month later, the left side of my nape area was all broken off. It reminded me of the patches I was getting as a relaxed head. I was so upset. All the TLC I was putting into my hair and this happened. The nape area is slowly growing back but the setback is just so devastating. As upset as I want to b w/ her I can blame no one but myself being that I knew better in the first place, but hey you learn as you go and I am grateful that I still have hair on my head. I am still hopin for SL by the end of the month so let's see what happens.

P.S. Happy Hair Growing!!!

Keisha, so sorry you had a bad experience but you have the right attitude your hair will grow!

Thnx..I learned overtime and still to this present day that negativity in no way will get you further in your achievements..

Sorry to hear about your setback Keisha. You sound like you have a positive attitude though. I sometimes want to straighten my hair but I do a hair pull and that holds me over until the next straight-hair thought rolls around. lol.

Marcels can be dangerous sometimes. Have you thought about investing in a quality flat iron and heat protectant and learning how to flat iron your own hair? Practice makes perfect and I'm sure eventually you'll learn the best technique to get a nice silky smooth outcome. Sometimes it's best to leave your hair in your own hands.

Aloof (natural 4a/b) does a really good job demonstrating how to blow out and flat iron your hair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlrZHlIJbDo&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwpZmTFLv6g&feature=channel_page

I'm in braids for the next 6-8 weeks. I didn't make SL by June.:sad I have a few strands on my right side that are SL but I'm not going to claim it yet. Hopefully, I'll make it no later than September. I also decided to transition to natural.:yay:

I'm in braids for the next 6-8 weeks. I didn't make SL by June.:sad I have a few strands on my right side that are SL but I'm not going to claim it yet. Hopefully, I'll make it no later than September. I also decided to transition to natural.:yay:

:dance7:

Good luck on your transition! How long do you plan it taking?

has this challenge been extended Keisha T, or will you be starting a new one???? I didnt start to late, but i think, I hope, I pray I can make shoulder length by the end of this year..

I think I made it... It's not as full as I would have liked, but I'm claiming it anyway. :blush: Progress in siggy below. I would be willing to join a second round since I doubt I will make APL by December.

For anyone who is willing to go another six months by all means please do..I still have my sew-in but b/c of my setback I may not have made SL by my birthday..but hey here's to another six months. How about it?

Sorry to hear about your setback Keisha. You sound like you have a positive attitude though. I sometimes want to straighten my hair but I do a hair pull and that holds me over until the next straight-hair thought rolls around. lol.

Marcels can be dangerous sometimes. Have you thought about investing in a quality flat iron and heat protectant and learning how to flat iron your own hair? Practice makes perfect and I'm sure eventually you'll learn the best technique to get a nice silky smooth outcome. Sometimes it's best to leave your hair in your own hands.

Aloof (natural 4a/b) does a really good job demonstrating how to blow out and flat iron your hair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlrZHlIJbDo&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwpZmTFLv6g&feature=channel_page

Thnx 4 the helpful videos loulou82. i've always known how to flat iron really well but the blowdrying process has been really difficult since i became natural. My hair just seems to stay dry and brittle...but i think i will try the method aloof used b/c it seems to work so well on 4 a/b hair. Thanks again.:yep:

Back