Oh Dear GOD!!! Oh, WHY??? Hair DISASTER!!!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I had something similar happen to me before I started applying relaxers properly. I used to relax the front of my hair first (since that's the part everyone noticed first) and therefore the relaxer was being left on that part the longest. Overtime that area became so thin that I looked like I was balding after I got a fresh relaxer :nono:. But I started using rosemary oil (you could also use peppermint, spearmint, or eucalyptus oil) as a scalp stimulant in the areas that I noticed my hair was thinning at and also massaging my scalp nightly with coconut oil, and it helped the hair grow back in those areas. It's been about 8 months since I first noticed the thinning, and now my hair has regained thickness in that area.

P.S. I agree with some of the other ladies that posted. It doesn't look like this is breakage from a bad relaxer alone. You said the relaxer turned out great, so you probably just didn't notice the thinness in that area until you relaxed. It could be due to stress, wrapping/brushing your hair in the same direction, and/or general overmanipulation in that area. Either way you can still regain your edges by stimulating the area regularly and being extra gentle wiith it.

Last edited:
I will be praying for both you and your family. Don't worry too much about your hair it'll definitely grow back. Worrying will only bring upon more stress, and you don't want to make matters worse. JUST PRAY AND HOLD ON!!!! BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS ARE COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!

Are you sure this isn't post partum shedding? Your new growth may have been disguising the hair loss from post partum shedding, then once you relaxed it-- you could see the evidence of the shedding that had been occurring all along.

After I had my daughter my entire left side was slowly wiped out. :ohwell: That "three months ago" window is what gives it away.

ITA. This happened to me when I had my daughter. She is the only one they gave me gas to put me to sleep with. I woke up and my hair was just different. After about 6 weeks it just started coming out in my hand in clumps.

Try some black castor oil. If you have a Walgreens in your area it will be in the laxative section. Don't know why but it seems to work on the nape and edges like nothing else. I used this religiously and my nape, the very very last row of hair is like 6 inches long and that is after I cut it.

I am so sorry you are going through this mama- baby those troble spots and the WILL flourish. IA w/ the others it looks like pp shedding to me. Keep on taking those prenatals.

Sweet Heart your Hair will grow back! I am so sorry this has happen to you!

Baby, Baby, Baby that Area:yep: It will grow back. In this forum some excellent ways to thicken up that area! You are very BEAUTIFUL and that area of your head WILL Grow back! Be very, very gentle!

(((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Oh my God! Krikit I remember seeing your hair after your ORS relaxer 2 weeks ago!! I am so sorry :nono:

They gave loads of advice already. Just keep in mind, we're here for you :kiss:

I'm really sorry about what happen to your hair. I would suggest trying tea tree/peppermint/rosemary oils on your problem area for a few weeks.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Your face in your pictures breaks my heart. Remember it is hair so it's constantly growing, just give it a boost with daily massages w/peppermint oil. That'll really increase the circulation in that spot and feed your follicles. The ladies have already offered really good advice. Maybe you should get a really cute wig and leave it alone as much as possible. It'll be back to normal in no time!

I am so sorry this happened to you. I can tell you from personal experience that MN does work. I went through a similar problem were I loss alot of hair due to stress and depression of losing my job. Because I have thick hair, I didn't notice the hair loss in the beginning. I began using MN and my hair started to feel in and grew back in no time.

Remember you are a beautiful lady and your hair is beautiful as well!

I just wanted to add: Please be careful if you tie your hair up with a satin, silk, or any type of scarf. These (even the silk and satin) can pull your at your hairline if pulled too tight. It can also reduce blood circulation--and you don't want that.

I lost my widow's peek a couple of months ago because of me doing this. It's back now--after I realized what I was unintentionally doing. Honestly, with all you have going on--if I were you, during this time, I would just settle for a silk or satin bonnet. If you just really feel the need to wear a scarf, make sure the tension is on your forehead (tie it low). My prayers are with you for your job situation and your hair, but congrats on the new baby!

You guys... yes, I have been under stress... I lost my job this friday, they let 3 of us go- and I got paid more than double my spouse, so I have NO IDEA what we're going to do now... I just had a baby 3 months ago and was back from maternity leave for only 3 weeks...:perplexed

I HAVE noticed hair coming out, but I thought because it had the white tips that it was okay...I would run my fingers thru my hair and they would just come out... long strands, like by the time I'd finished, I'd collect like 12-15 pieces, and they all were white at the tips... isn't that normal?

Maybe it is stress, but DANG! I need my hair back! What have you guys used with great results, and fast ones too? Now, keep in mind I just lost my job and can't spend 50-11 bucks...

It sounds like stress mixed with a little postpartum shedding. Are you still taking your prenatals? If not, you may want to start back doing that and getting some rest.

It sounds like a combination of stress and postpartum shedding. Are you still taking your prenatals? If not, you need to start back and get some rest. Try to maintain some good eating habits too. I know it is hard. My hair is still shedding and my baby is 2 years old now, but alot of it was due to stress, not eating right and not maintaining my vitamin regimen.

I just wanted to add: Please be careful if you tie your hair up with a satin, silk, or any type of scarf. These (even the silk and satin) can pull your at your hairline if pulled too tight. It can also reduce blood circulation--and you don't want that.

I lost my widow's peek a couple of months ago because of me doing this. It's back now--after I realized what I was unintentionally doing. Honestly, with all you have going on--if I were you, during this time, I would just settle for a silk or satin bonnet. If you just really feel the need to wear a scarf, make sure the tension is on your forehead (tie it low). My prayers are with you for your job situation and your hair, but congrats on the new baby!

That is something I noticed as well... that area of my head is sore at night when I tie up my satin scarf... I've been tying it tight so it wouldn't come off in the middle of the night... I hadn't even thought of that either. You ladies have GREAT advice, I feel my spirits picking up already:look:

I'm really sorry that this happened to you. Luckily you've gotten excellent advice.

I am dealing with breakage issues on my edges as well. I am using a combination of treatments and it seems to be helping. I am taking iron supplements (had a deficiency), taking a daily dose of MSM, and putting a concoction of rosemary oil, lavendar oil, pepermint oil, MTG oil and finally a bit of MT on my edges. I'm not always consistent with the applications but I see a significant improvement. Hopefully yours will soon improve.

OK, my Dear, I hear your pain. For some reasons I cannot see your pictures, but I don't need to to know how horrible you have been feeling. Due to some medical issue, I lost all my edges. I started out using MN & then switched to MT & my hairline is growing back in beautifully. Of course, not fast enough for me but it is pretty quick. I wouldn't post my pix at first because I was so ashamed. But the ladies on this forum were so loving & supportive.

Whether or not you try MN or MT, in the meantime, I would message the area with castor oil or some other good oil. Also I would definitely stay away from scarves, bands, anything that would rub against those edges. Due to my medical problems I could not use chemicals, no braids or weaves, nor wigs - no hiding. So I have had to walk around with this empty hairline. Now, people can hardly tell unless I point it out.

So I know it is hard. But hang in there. Your sisters here have got your back. Big hugs. Just remember you are so much more than your edges (I keep telling myself that - LOL). You are loved by God & us. It will grow back.

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. :bighug: You must be under such intense stress with all that's going on. Know that it can and most likely will get better. I had given up hope on my own hair loss 'cuz 3 different docs couldn't do anything. Slowly, it's growing back. Folks have given you some great advice. Only thing I'll add is don't sleep on the Ayurveda. Vatika and Ramtirth oil are dirt cheap in Indian stores, go a long way, and work really well. I'm pulling for you!

Back