AIR DYRING 4a/b hair..WHY...WHY...WHY!!!!!#%&???

monami

Why is air drying hair so complicated? I need help. I have APL relaxed 4ab type hair. If I rollerset my hair it's great for DAYS if I airdry after a couple of days my hair is HARD....I hate that :wallbash: !!!! Please help how do you 4ab types air dry successfully any help is greatly apperciated!!!!

dreysonsmommy2011

What do you apply to your hair when air drying? What do you apply to your hair when you are doing a rollerset? I'm thinking that you may use a different product that may cause your hair to react differently when airdrying:ohwell:

monami

I use the same stuff..just ORS carrot oil...maybe I need to use something else...you know what I do not know how to rollerset so every saturday I go to the salon and get it done a DC with salerm and the use alter ego leave in. On wednesdays I wash my hair myself DC with ORS hair mayo or Keracare humecto but I do not use a leave in and they do...could that be it...do you have to use a leave in all the time?

baby42

lacio lacio makes the best roller set for me. so soft when i did set my hair. and air dry it was like the shop did it. it never dry hard or dry.:yep:

dreysonsmommy2011

I use the same stuff..just ORS carrot oil...maybe I need to use something else...you know what I do not know how to rollerset so every saturday I go to the salon and get it done a DC with salerm and the use alter ego leave in. On wednesdays I wash my hair myself DC with ORS hair mayo or Keracare humecto but I do not use a leave in and they do...could that be it...do you have to use a leave in all the time?

Well, my hair is 4a and I always air dry it. After every wash I always use a leave in. It is a definite must...especially after a protein Deep condition(ORS Mayo) I would advise you to try using a leave-in perhaps the one that your salon uses since it makes your hair feel the way you like it.:drunk:

♦K.O♦

IMO, leave-ins should always be used.

Try using a moisturizing leave-in and sealing with an oil (perhaps your carrot oil.)

ajoyfuljoy

this is an interesting thread. I'm a relaxed 4b and if I don't airdry on rollers it comes out a hot mess!:eek2: So I'm interested in hearing more on this subject too!

wheezy807

I always use a leave-in, too. And airdry in a ponytail. After about 80% airdried i apply my moisturizer and sealant. I really like NTM Silk Touch leave-in. Sometimes i use Rusk Smooth leave-in or Giovanni Direct leave-in. HTH.

wheezy807

FunkyMunky

Complete airdrying starts good for me but a day later my hair feels like straw.

If I don't have time to rollerset, this is what I do with success.

I big tooth comb and part my hair down the middle while in the shower. I get out and apply my leave-in conditioner and heat protectant (sometimes). Then I get under my hardtop hairdryer on low or med heat until my hair is about 80% dry. I then apply my moisturizer, seal with oil and put my hair in 1 or 2 braided ponytails and pin up. My hair comes out pretty straight when it finally dries.

dreysonsmommy2011

After I am finished washing my hair I apply my leave-in and proceed to apply a little EVOO throughout my hair and then go on about my business:grin: When it is about 80% dry I braid the length of my hair and I'm done. No frizz No Poofy hair:nono:

brownsuga_91

I'm 4b and after I'm done washing out my conditioner I dry my hair very well. I apply KeraCare leave in then keracare jojoba moisturizer then a little NTM silk leave in on the ends. I seal it all with keracare silken serum and pull my hair back into a tight ponytail. I put on a silk scarf and change my pony tail into a loose bun with a silk scrunchie. I ALWAYS get nice soft hair afterwards. It always comes out poofy but really soft. Then I usaully flat iron with revlon protectant. And I have silky soft hair :grin:

BrooklynSouth

1. Shampoo
2.rinse then use Aphogee 2 minute
3. rinse then deep condition with cap for 15-60 mins
4. rinse, apply {shampoo matching} rinse out conditioner.
5. squeeze water from hair, apply leave-in
6. ponytail in scrunchie
7. 90% airdried, apply another quarter sized leave-in
8. quarter sized oil to hair and ends,
9. twists, braids or bun
10.silk scarf=no frizz

LadyZ

Complete airdrying starts good for me but a day later my hair feels like straw.

If I don't have time to rollerset, this is what I do with success.

I big tooth comb and part my hair down the middle while in the shower. I get out and apply my leave-in conditioner and heat protectant (sometimes). Then I get under my hardtop hairdryer on low or med heat until my hair is about 80% dry. I then apply my moisturizer, seal with oil and put my hair in 1 or 2 braided ponytails and pin up. My hair comes out
pretty straight when it finally dries.

Iam going to try this in the morning... I sure hope it works... I have trouble with air drying without rollers also...

LadyZ

I tried this this morning... I am drying the rest of the way with a silk scarf... So far it looks really good... I will know tonight when I get ready for work....

FunkyMunky

Sweet!!!! :grin:

I hope it works out well for you. I finished my hair about 30 mins ago and it is pretty straight and moisturized.